Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy Laptop

Options
  • 02-02-2006 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Lo all will try keep this short

I bought a fujitsu-siemens laptop online as you do
    After 6 months she started to crash for no reason and the screen would fade to white, after which the system would not turn back on for hours sometimes days.

Sent it back fujitsu-siemens for repair
    4 weeks later I get the system back all running fine (CPU and Mainboard replaced)
    2 weeks after that the same problem as above happens again so I sent the system back for repair again.

Got the system back 3 days ago again all running fine (CPU remounted and debre cleaned from mainboard)

Just been using it there and she white screened again
    2 repairs and problem is still not fixed
    Will be ringing fujitsu-siemens again this afternoon

My question is can I ask for a new system or my money back?
    Also if I push for a new system will the new system have a new 12 month warranty from when I get it?
    as after 2 repairs fujitsu-siemens have had the chance to fix the system and they have failed

Thanks in advance

BH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Push for a replacement, two collections without resolve is a bit much, especially when they take so long. And the fact that they had the laptop and had the chance to fully test, as opposed to onsite replacement where time is a factor, makes it all a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

if you do get another one the warranty will be 12 months from when you purchased the original one.

I don't think that would be a huge concern for the OP, 4 weeks for a repair is ridiculous, and it's still not working. They should have tested fully before releasing it at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

4 weeks * 2 repairs so 8 weeks in total for the same error

Just off the phone with fujitsu-siemens and they have booked the system in for another repair
    Pushed for a replacement but the person on the phone did not have the power to do that and when I asked to speak to someone with more power I was told no one was avalable at that time

My next move is to e-mail The Consumer Association of Ireland to find out what my rights are and if I have the right to ask for my money back

I am not to happy about getting a replacment as I may get a new system with the same bug and by that time my warranty will have run out and my money will have been wasted

If anyone has any advice on what road to take I will be happy to hear it

BH

There's always someone in power available, if you push for a manager. From a call centre worker's perspective I can guarantee, that person was probably sitting beside their manager.

Just push push push, email, phone, write.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Yep the guy on the phone was hardley the highest up in the call centre. Call them and insist to talk to the manager or the next highest member of staff.
    Keep looking for a new one because the one you have is in no fit state to be used to its full potential.
    Your just having bad luck. I'm on a fujitsu siemens laptop now. The dvd drive broke a few months ago and i had absolutly no problems with their customer service.

Psychology tip: never ask to speak to someone with "more authority" or "higher up". Just ask for a manager. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Just to update you all

I got in contact with the online store (elara.ie) whom I bought the laptop from
    They have said that as elara.ie was taken over back in nov and I bought the laptop back in april that they cannot offer me a refund.

They contacted fujitsu-siemens about the issue and fujitsu-siemens have said that they will repair the system again and if that repair fails they will offer me a replacment system.

Elara have been very friendly and helpfull and I cannot fault them in any way but I am still unhappy.

A replacement system will not have a new warranty and I am afraid that the replacement will just have the same error (fujitsu-siemens have stopped making and selling this system due to ammount of errors found)

So whats my next step
    do I let fujitsu-siemens do a 3rd repair (4 more weeks) and hope for the best
    or do I bring me case to the small clames court and demand a full refund
    and if so who do I bring to court fujitsu-siemens(the company who make the system) or Elara(the reseller)

A full refund is what I want as I am not happy with the system

BH

Advertisement