Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL online gaming problem

• 02-02-2006 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

I've started to experience a problem recently with online gaming on my PC. Basically I can't connect to any servers. This problem has only happened in the last week. When I go to search for servers I get the message "Waiting for response from Master Server" and then "Error".

Any ideas???????

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well if NTL is working fine for everything else, browsing, downloading, email, etc. then it is more then likely not a problem with NTL and is instead some problem with the software (OS) on your pc.

Perhaps you are running a firewall (zonealaram) and it is blocking your net connection for games. Disable any and all firewalls temporarily and try again.

Maybe a virus, do a thorough scan with an upto date virus scanner.

Maybe spyware causing problems, do a scan with spyware blaster or similar app.

Is it all your games or just one, what games are having this problem. If just one game, then look for new patches and reinstall the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

It's happening with all my games so I'll run a spyware and virus check and report back.

Thanks.

OK, tried all the above and no joy. I had installed Netscape and updated my ATI drivers just before the problem start happening. Don't know if this makes any difference.

Problem sorted. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

So what was it? Firewall?

• Advertisement
Advertisement