Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlitz School Questionnaire Help

Options
  • 02-02-2006 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hello,
    having previously lived and taught English in Japan for 2 years and have settled on a multi-national English School (yes already aware of the cons!) as my next project, I would be extremely grateful if someone could offer some insight and possible answers or approaches to the general, pre-inteview questionnaire which is reproduced below, albeit in edited form (since the personal questions could only be answered by me, of course). The open-endedness and 'cheesy' quality of some of the questions made me think that there are certain things that the Berlitz Co. is expecting/hoping to read in the applicants' answers so any insight or advice on some of these would be much appreciated! Thank you.

2. What kind of challenges have you experienced (or you may experience) when teaching and how did you (or how do you think you can) deal with them?

3. What did you (or could you) learn from those experiences?

4. Can you tell me the important points that make a lesson?

5. How would you define a task-based lesson?

6. How do you make a lesson “learner-centered”?

7. If you are meeting customers’ expectation, are you doing a good, very good, or outstanding job?

8. How well do you handle criticism? Please give me an example.

9. Please list the following in order of importance for teaching and explain why. Experience, Education, Attitude, Skills.

10. Please list the following in order of importance to you and explain why. Work environment, Training/Learning new skills, Remuneration, Stability, Challenge.

11. Why do you want to work for Berlitz? What skills do you need to develop or hope to gain working at Berlitz?

13. What skills do you think Berlitz (a customer service provider of language services) is looking for?

24. What achievement in the past year are you most proud of, or where you have taken initiative?

25. What is your biggest disappointment or failure in the past year and what did you learn from that experience?

(I know the last 2 are technically 'personal' but still not sure what the best approach is.. )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭LonesamuraiX

...ok, sat down last night to complete it myself as best I could and submitted it. It just would have been nice to have the input of some teachers more experienced than myself to draw on. So it doesn't matter now - pretty quiet board, this!

Advertisement