Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Danish Cartoon - pretext to war?? !!??

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Scott Adma's views.
    Cartoonist or Puppet Master?
    Perhaps you’ve heard about the Danish editorial cartoon that sparked riots all over the world. According to the news, the comic featured some disrespectful images of The Prophet, so believers burned Danish embassies and whatnot.

Let me go on record as saying I don’t approve of the burning of embassies. But I must confess I’m intrigued by the notion of causing it to happen. Apparently the indirect method of causing embassies to be burned down is both totally legal and also a highly prized right. As you know, there aren’t many ways you can burn down an occupied building and get away with it. But it is completely legal to use your freedom of speech to indirectly incite other people into doing almost any dumb ass thing you can think of. That’s a big reason I became a cartoonist.

I always thought it was unfair that diplomats had diplomatic immunity. They can run over you with their car several times a day while saying the equivalent of “neener neener” in their own language. And it’s all perfectly legal. As a cartoonist, I have the power to fight back. The next time I see an ambassador double parking, I will mumble to myself “Say goodbye to your embassy.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭SeanW

LMAO. that was a good one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 thirtysomething

Michelle Malkin on Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen
    "He is one of the very few European politicians with guts. If anyone deserves a prize for his valiant defence of freedom of speech and freedom of the press, it is certainly Mr Rasmussen. He did not give in to pressure from Muslim fanatics, nor from the appeasers at the UN, the European Commission and the Council of Europe. In the past weeks Denmark has shown that all is not yet lost in Europe. If something is rotten now it is not in Denmark. "

Other quotes from the site by readers
    I think it's important that the West stands up on this issue: if we cave into Muslim demands for self-censorship, our freedom of speech will be taken away forever.

By threatening to kill those who insult them, the terrorists are demonstrating the vicious reality behind the caricature of Mohammad wearing a bomb-shaped turban better than any cartoonist ever could.

The utter hypocrisy is that Muslim countries regularly lampoon Christians and Jews in their comics while demanding the west refrain from any criticism of Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Other quotes from the site by readers
    I think it's important that the West stands up on this issue: if we cave into Muslim demands for self-censorship, our freedom of speech will be taken away forever.

Yea right. So tell me again why they didn't print the offensive cartoons of Jesus then. Or why a cartoonist in Holland is facing jailtime for drawing a cartoon? Freedom of Speech yea?

Cartoon21.jpg

There look I've posted an image of God-theres loads of funnier ones probably on the humour board and all blasphemous if you talk to the right person about them.

Complaints about the cartoon I posted to the usual place please.

Oh and if you are going to Riot, please pick an uninhabited island for your riot,I dont want any traffic delays this evening.

This thread is now closed.
    Please continue to post on this subject in the existing open thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement