Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Query on Joint Seal for Shower Trays

Options
  • 02-02-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Folks,

We have an ensuite shower which has approx. 30mm cut tiles at the bottom of the shower tray, covering a gap between the tray and tiled wall. I do not think this is satisfactory and is difficult to keep clean etc. Does anyone know of a joint seal which would give the same thickness coverage. I know that sealux have ones which are 25mm wide - http://www.sealux.com/overtiles.htm

Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Just re-submitting thread in case some may have missed posting. Any ideas would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Homebase have an adhesive strip that is designed to do this. I can't remember the name of it

Appreciate the response dingding will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

cox did u manage to get this sorted? i was looking for something to help keep the water away from the adhesive. would it be the same thing

Havn't had a chance yet. Am hoping to get out to Homebase sometime this week, but it may be w/e before I tackle this...if I get what I need! If I could get material to build up at side of tray and tile I would be sorted - then I could probably manage with Sealux seal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

coxy i think we have different problems? i just wanna put a sealent on the end of the wall tile to save the grouting from getting dirty? hopefully put something on the outside? i wonder what that silicone selaing you can buy in a tube is like or can you buy something else?

Hi blahblah - Would think any of the commercially available water based sealants should do the trick - I little messy to work with I have found in the past and they generally harden v. quickly. Still have not got to Homebase!!..will get around to it though..

Advertisement