Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Anderson breaks 11 year Duck

Options
  • 02-02-2006 1:56pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

BOB ANDERSON broke an 11-year run without a tournament victory this week - when he saw off Dennis Priestley to win the second "World Champions Challenge".

The tournament, won by Eric Bristow 12 months ago, sees four former World Champions joined by four qualifiers from the Oldham Open.

Bristow, Anderson and Priestley are joined by John Lowe for the tournament.

Anderson overcame Paul Whitworth in the first round and Lowe in the semi-final.

He also hit six perfect darts during one leg of the final, and although he failed to land a nine-dart finish he secured a 5-3 win.

Incredibly, the victory was Anderson's first in competition since 1995, and he was understandably relieved.

"Boy it felt good! he said. "It is a long long time since I felt that buzz of winning.

"I have probably been beaten in seven or eight finals since (1995) and I have lost count of the number of semi-finals that I was on the wrong end of.

"It was just great to be called a winner again and I am sure this will set me up for a great 2006."

Admitidly it wasnt exactly a great tournament in that it was for ex-world champions but its the first time that Anderson has managed to win in 11 years. Thats quite a long time considering he is stilla decent enough player. I wonder will that give him some much needed confidence going into this years tournaments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Hopefully it will as i quite like anderson as a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Docasey

In my opinion darts is for fat lazy tits who dont have many male hormones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Good for you, you have an opinon. I was going to reply further but its not worth it.

Advertisement