Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

EVE can be a great laugh alright ... but like all MMO games there is some grinding ... you have to do it to get the isk to pay for the fun bit...:(

Stokolan mate, I dont think Critical Mass Enterprises exists anymore ... i'm with UKC now ... nice bunch of lads, 30 - 40 on every evening, and down in Tenerifis, at war with our nearest neighbour ... tis great fun ... I'd say your eve character wouldnt get into a lot of corps because IIRC your sec status had ...er... progressed negatively, to a large degree :D

to experience the game properly you have to go to low sec space, but dont come running to me when some twat in a 'phoon owns you from a long long way away :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

yeah i gave my char to a mat i played eq2 with he did a small bit of pirating wiht it :P a few of us are going back to play for the laugh. But ya never know how long we'll play for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Hey anyone else having trouble logging in? I was logged on bt was logged out, and can't get back in, and me sitting in deadspace. Any tips on how to login at peak times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

LOLERSKATES Red Alliance lost 11/12 dreads last night

Linkage:http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/cilppiz/how_big_ships_go_boom.wmv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

ouch...

Gotta hurt

• Advertisement

well with insurance the loss probably added up to 7bil

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I've just downloaded the game, finished the tutorial and am now on to the first training mission. What are the first things that I should be doing? Are there any skills/missions that I need to develop ASAP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

I've just downloaded the game, finished the tutorial and am now on to the first training mission. What are the first things that I should be doing? Are there any skills/missions that I need to develop ASAP?

Finish the series of training missions as it gives you a nice faction standing boost and a small +1 implant. The big rule is: Always make sure your training something. If your logging off for the night set a skill that will take awhile to train and train the short (5-20 minutes skills) while your playing. When you get a little bit of cash you will probably want to look at the learning skills, they decrease your learning times by increaseing your attributes.

You can find some good info in the stickies here but for the first while take your time and enjoy yourself :)

There are some Irish players in my corp in 0.0 (UKC and UKC-E).... we've been having a blast down in Tenerifis / Curse and surrounding regions.
    Last night we made a fleet of 12 assorted t1 frigs, 2 elite frigs and a couple of t1 cruisers and fitted for speed and scrambling and went on a 60 jump run all through RA space and got 2 BS kills, multiple cruisers and loads of frig kills as well .... and at the end of it, we broke a RA gate camp and helped to drive off a POS attack fleet ... right at the end we picked up a few stragglers and our gang was 20, but we kicked some serious ass. I got a raven and pod killmail :)
    auth?killsig=BigEejit

We lost 2 cruisers and 3 frigs and one of the elite frigs (claw doing recon). :D

During the week we had a massive fleet battle, 300 in system and almost all were in the scrap. The losses were quite small for such a big scrap (something in the region of 60 I heard, including 12 BS's) but I ended up getting my ship blown up (not podded) after when a sniperthron blew up my omen from 230km away, sneaky git. Unfortunately many people were lagged to hell including me and i got no kill mails as any time i tried to target, my timer ran down but my lasers just flashed and did not fire .... :mad:

Were you running in a Tristan? What was the setup?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 /)rakai

The Irish EVE community site:
    http://eve.gamecon.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

/)rakai wrote:
    The Irish EVE community site:
    http://eve.gamecon.ie/

Last update January. Not much of a site.

tba wrote:
    Were you running in a Tristan? What was the setup?
    Three small nos's and a rocket launcher in top .... a good mwd and 2 x 2 point scramblers on mids and 3 x nanofibers on lows ... orbiting at 2.5k scrambling for 4 points, doing 2km/s ... he couldnt touch me .... another couple of guys had dampers / tracking disruptors / racial ecm ... and then a few more guys had standard launchers / small lasers / what have you and we also had 2 guys to take out drones if any were put out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is it worth getting this?

I was gonna get back into WoW but the idea of eve appeals to me more

If you wanna try it draff i can send you a 2 week trial :)

sounds good!

so its worth the ten hour download then?

aw man you need to go to the file exchange..

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=429

Or ask somebody with a burner to mail you a copy...

draffodx wrote:
    sounds good!

so its worth the ten hour download then?

yeah it is im addicted to it :)

it is a really good game .... no prisoners taken here, there are nasty people and nice people and hope you have plenty of the latter if you run into the former:D

I missed a HAC op in out area where a fleet of them rampaged all through RA space ... much fun was had ... pity I missed it ... one of the guys got a kill mail for a Machariel (1.5bil isk ship .... mods probably several hundred mil more)

ok just downloading it now, can i get that 2 week free trial off you cheeky monkey??

is a joystick needed to play the game properly?

• Advertisement

nope its all mouse based

just started playing it and have gone through the tutorial, same feeling as when i started play WoW not much fun yet and not much interaction with people yet but will play it for the month anyway and see how i get on, any helped in game is appreciatted, name is Draffodx in game

hop on the irish channel some time its usualy got some people on it..

What race did you pick?

picked the gallente race, how do i join the irish channel?

lol and you say you did the tutorial

anyway go to the side bar there should be an icon channels&mailing lists click that at the top you should see join/create new channel(somthing along those lines) the type in "irish" that should do it i think just give it a second or 2 to come up

ah i see, i thought i could only access the channels that were on the screen when i brought that option up, thanks

Oh beautiful....

Im running my Incrsus as a pvp frigate (this is the frig you should get btw draffodx)

Small Nos, Two light Ion blasters with antimatter,
    A 1mn ab, and a scrambler,
    Small armor repair and a mag field stab.

I was just messing about preying on some miners, when I discover a Maller Cruiser Mining Veldspar in 0.4?

I reckon I might chance my arm so I warp in and by chance land right on top of him and target. And he has the nerve to start shooting first?

Needless to say I scram and nos'd him and got him down to about 10% structure, then I opened negotiations. He got of lightly, those things cost like 8 mil isk.

hehe ....noob mining in a maller ... if you had tried to pop me in my mining barge you would have found 5 x hammerhead 2's knocking on your hull while I scrambled you

thats why I rat in a frigate.....

• Advertisement

hhmmm.....i see i have some lingo to learn

Advertisement