Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting to Chelsea info

• 02-02-2006 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭

Managed to get 2 tixs to SB.
    Flying into Stanstead cause AL too dear :(
    How do I get to the stadium from Stanstead Airport?
    Stanstead express to Liverpool st, 2 tubes to Fulham
    or is there a better way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats the easiest. Circle or District Line to Earls court from Liverpool St, then get the Wimbledon tube to FULHAM Broadway (cant remember the line).

It should only be 30 mins max, and is very very easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Leaving SB at 5pm, how long would it take to get to Stanstead Airport on a Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

stanstead express , get off at Tottenham Hale , change to Victoria line tube go to Victoria and then change to the district line ( Wimbledon) , off at Fulham Broadway.

about 1 hour from the Tottenham Hale station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

okidoki987 wrote:
    Managed to get 2 tixs to SB.
    Flying into Stanstead cause AL too dear :(

Have you booked yet? If not, try British Midland, got me to LHR and back for €45 on Tuesday/Wednesday.

LHR makes a lot of sense because you're a lot closer to Chelsea from there, Picadilly Line to Earl's Court then District Line towards Wimbeldon for Fulham Broadway. Take about 50 minutes max from LHR to Fulham Broadway.

okidoki987 wrote:
    How do I get to the stadium from Stanstead Airport?
    Stanstead express to Liverpool st, 2 tubes to Fulham
    or is there a better way?

Full details on Stamford Bridge here with travel directions and where to eat/drink etc.

Tube map

If you are going to Stansted, are you travelling back the same day? If so, get a travelcard with your Stansted Express ticket (think it works out at an extra £3,but it will cover you for the tube journey to and from SB)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

you should probably allow yourself an hour to get on a tube out of chelsea, big queues etc. from then give yourself another hour-ish to get back to either Tottenham or liverpool st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

If you haven't already booked , try gatwick (ryanair)

gatwick express (£13 st day return) leaves you to victoria and take wimbledon bound district line to fulham broadway (only 6 stops)

try British Midland

Good idea
    I did but they were nearly as dear as AL. :(

No haven't booked the flights yet as I'd thought I'd run it past the experts
    on here ;) and see which was the way to do it.

Never thought of Gatwick tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

British Midland do a cheap Saturday day return.
    Flight times are perfect for a 3pm game.

tube Heathrow to Earls Court and walk to the ground.
    (don't bother changing trains for Fulham Broadway)

This is the best way.
    I have tried them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Being a blues fan i go over quite a bit. You can get the train to fulham broadway but as pal says, its not much of a walk from earls court to the ground.

Allow yourself plenty of time after the game as if your planning on getting the tube id go back up to earls court as fulham broadway is a nightmare trying to get back on a tube after a match.

I'd personally fly into heathrow and get the picadilly line to earls court and walk down. Dont change trains as the chances of actually getting on the district line in earls court is somewhere between slim and none as it will be full of fans.

Its about a 10-15min walk and as i said walk back up there as well when your heading home.

You can go stanstead but its a lot further out and take a lot longer to get to the bridge. The other airport is london city but trust me, dont even consider it for a Chelsea game. Its poxy akward to get from there to the bridge and takes an age.

Cheers lads.

I tried British Midland and they were 168 Euro return for 2.

Aer Lingus 245

CityJet I wouldn't use them if the flight was FREE!
    (used them for business and the delays are unacceptable)

SCULLY Gets the GOLD medal.
    Got onto Ryanair site and booked 2 day return flights for 97 EURO to Gatwick including taxes
    and as you said then Gatwick Express-Victoria-Fulham Broadway.
    Sorted
    Cheers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Like the other posters said - stansted express from stansted to liverpool st. station, then hop on the tube to fulham broadway.

On the same subject how much did you pay for your tickets? I was at 2 Chelsea games in the past few weeks (vs Middlesbrough & Charlton), the tickets i got were in pretty poor seats, right at the back of the west stand and my view of the big screen was blocked off by heaters, add to that 2 totally dull, boring scrappy games - at a cost of a whopping £60 sterling per game....RIP OFF.

Wont be going back in a hurry, i think paying any more than £30 sterling for a premiership game is a total rip off...just not worth it.

Not sure of the exact cost yet, mate in London got them for me.
    Got Arsenal tickets and they were 53.60 GBP EACH :eek:
    Not cheap anymore especially with the additional cost of getting over there
    (and before anybody says it, I know Arsenal aren't worth paying 20p to watch them at the moment!)

but "we'll be back"

Advertisement