Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum payment on c/c

Options
  • 02-02-2006 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I recently took out a Tesco Visa card so as to avail of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first six months. This week I got my first statement and it states a minimum payment of €59 is required. I'm wondering if I actually need to make this payment during the interest-free period and, if so, what the consequences of not making it could be?

(Note: Having read the T&C's and calling the customer service line I am none the wiser.)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The consequences is that they will consider that you have defaulted in some form. You have to pay the minimum payment (that's what it is - the minimum payment you can get away with paying).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

of COURSE you have to pay! It's not "free money" for six months, it's just interest free money for 6 months, you still have to make payments!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

if u pay the minumum payment each month do you still pay interest on the rest of the balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Of course you do, after your 0% period.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It will follow the usual line of first warning, second warning, final notice, etc etc.

Each one will count against your credit rating, so best not to let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭betelgeuse

Thanks for the replies. I made the payment just in time. To be honest I did think 0% APR meant "free money" until the regular interest rate kicked in. Glad I checked now! Thanks again.

Advertisement