Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs on Phantom you never heard again

Options
  • 02-02-2006 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

there a few songs i used to hear on phantom (and nowhere else obviously) and now i cant find them.

eg:

'1902' by La Rocca
    'Made in Japan' by Suzie
    'Brown Bear' by The 66 electric

i would pay good money to get a copy of these tracks and others (which i cant remember right now) because i love them and cant track them down ANYWHERE.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

i the the brown bear song is available on their website.
    www.66earehome.com
    i think? it was free to download a while ago, got my hands on it. excellent song.

back when i was 4 is a song i haven't heard since..
    eh..... there are loads others just cant think of any cause it's been so frickin' long!!!

Edit: nope looks like its not there.... try irishmusiccentral...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

ah the good ol' Jeffrey Lewis, never heard him being played on any other station! 66e, I haven't listened to them in a long time but lucky for me I got their EP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

2fm Rte 1 play Jeffry lewis a bit heard him on dan hegarity show few weeks ago! u can get his albums in road.

Remember Jaewan and their song with Sears or something in it found it on a random slatterys compilation i found in another random pub one night!

Stoat's another one whats the deal with them they still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

Jaewan are now Me In The Park as far as I know (www.meinthepark.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i think i see a show coming out of this... ya could call it "old phantom tunes you thought we'd forgotten" what ya reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

you can find them all on www.mp3****s.com great website plus its free to download individual songs but for complete albums you have to pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

The CrayonZ - "Falling Out"
    La Rocca - "Dependance Theme"
    Damien Dempsey - "Chillin"
    Whipping Boy - "So Much For Love"
    Turn - "Teenstar"
    NPB - "Feeding Frenzy"
    Junkster - "Slide"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

I dunno the name of the song but it went "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, for one night only, get down for a one night stand, a generation punk rock band..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i remember that, i can't remember the name or the band, damn you for this monkey!!!!! i'll be tormented

at least someone else can be tormented by it. Google doesn't want to help either :(

Anyone know the song???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

It was the Keds :)

Cant stand to see such suffering!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

see thats why we love y'all. in a manly non emo kinda way yeah em so see the erm eh football?

blu_sonic wrote:
    see thats why we love y'all. in a manly non emo kinda way yeah em so see the erm eh football?

Screw manly!!!!

Blu_sonic found the mp3 of it. My love for him now knows no bounds ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Pete Reed wrote:
    It was the Keds :)

Cant stand to see such suffering!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

greatest band name ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vanessa

asp wrote:
    The CrayonZ - "Falling Out"
    La Rocca - "Dependance Theme"
    Damien Dempsey - "Chillin"
    Whipping Boy - "So Much For Love"
    Turn - "Teenstar"
    NPB - "Feeding Frenzy"
    Junkster - "Slide"

reminds me when Junkster played in Slane they changed the chorus of Waen to guess what?

so corny i thought.. mind you probably wouldnt remember it otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

For me the great songs were:

Snug - My Girl (Keith)
    Bobby Pulls A Wilson - Funky Street
    Anything by Brando
    Patrol - September

Hey, this gives me an idea.... Who'd want to hear a show of all the lost tracks in one programme on the web stream? You pick the songs and we'll play 'em. Start posting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Frenzy wrote:

Stoat's another one whats the deal with them they still around?

Very much so! Released their debut album, Future Come and Get Me, in the latter part of last year. Fantastic it is too.

www.stoatmusic.comis the place to find them.

who sings my house i was in whelans and its *ucking tormenting me. no its not beth middler etc and i couldn't hear any more lyrics and i feel like a knob cuz i usually answer these questions. ps i'm twisted expect post to be deleted in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kitty Kat

Anthing by Brando or Wilt
    what was that song: ''and the next time play it safe, and remember what you're worth, cause we'll never fid another replacement for you, and it feels like i have...''???

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

Britney by Exit No 4 I've never heard anywhere other than PhantomFM and despite my best efforts I can't find it anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

The music, the memories: Lost And Found the new, old show on the Phantom webstream starts tonight at 8PM Monday March 6th and all this week!! Check out our website for schedules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

oh pete anything by kurbdog brilliant band :)

Advertisement