Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution 7.1 vs emu 0404 - any thoughts?

Options
  • 02-02-2006 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

I am trying to decide between the m-audio Revolution 7.1 and the emu 0404 soundcards. I have done plenty research and these are the cards I think most meet my needs - which are great sound quality and great for recording music. I amn't worried about games (creative have a great name for that).

Both are the same price. Anyone here got either of them, or any advice on them?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

Well, having done lots of research and after leaning towards the emu 0404 I found an offer of a lexicon omega for €200. Seems a great deal to me. I read up on it and the mbox. The mbox has better software but is more expensive and hard to find now that the mbox2 is out. I think €200 is a tough offer to pass - my only issue is that hardware goes out of date so fast. The lexicon has a usb and not a firewire connection. Still - all I need is someone to say it's a great buy and I am going to get it!

Advertisement