Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ART card problem

• 02-02-2006 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi, i bought a blue ART card on ebay and this was my first one since setting up my dish and decoder. My problem is it didn't work. The equipment is all set up properly as my friends white ART card works fine in the decoder. I sent the card back and said it was faulty and they tried it and said it works fine for them. Any ideas?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Dec McC wrote:
    Hi, i bought a blue ART card on ebay and this was my first one since setting up my dish and decoder. My problem is it didn't work. The equipment is all set up properly as my friends white ART card works fine in the decoder. I sent the card back and said it was faulty and they tried it and said it works fine for them. Any ideas?:(

AFAIK The blue one is for Hotbird and the white one is for Nilesat. Are you sure you are on Hotbird??

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

All of the ones I have recieved in the last 12 months have all been White ones and are all for HOTBIRD. I have taken delivery of some 12 month ones in the last week or so and these one are indeed blue.

Oh and for all those who subscribe to Art on Hotbird, I have heard this week that Art Sport 5 and 6 will be with us on the 18th February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

have a white artcard myself for hotbird and these need activation signal every month.the blue art card works from when you put card into the reciever and counts down 6 month etc. from there.it does not need activation signal every month.as greenman said,make sure your on the right satellite for your card. my artcard updated in the top slot of my dreambox 7000 instantly today when i changed card from the bottom slot.was worried for a while that card was expired having read some people did not get the full subscription period with cards from my supplier.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not all white cards depend on a monthly update. As I have said all of my previous 6 month cards have been white and only 5 of these needed activations as the rest were all prepaid 6 month cards.

Art are no longer doing the scratch card type now. Its all the self activating ones now. This is where you insert into into your cam/receiver and it begins to count down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

got it working eventually. i needed to increase the signal strength for the blue card to work and i did this by twisting the lnb to an angle. great service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement