Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Does Everyone Think Of Son Of Dork?

Options
  • 02-02-2006 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hey everyone. I personally think Son Of Dork are an excellent band. James has really moved on from Busted and I think he's moving on to bigger and better things. Any Son Of Dork fans?:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lint

Lint Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tH3_UnS0cial_1

jesus christ there so bad!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭migz4caz

What makes you say that?

Lint wrote:
    Piss off

There's no need to talk to me like that. What kinda crappy music do you listen to? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I do not like them.

• Advertisement

awh what do u actualy like about them.. music is supposta be enjoyable and i CUDDNT ENJOY A SEC ON THEM!.. ugh and busted wer jus as bad!..

awh what do u actualy like about them.. music is supposta be enjoyable and i CUDDNT ENJOY A SEC ON THEM!.. ugh and busted wer jus as bad!..

That's your opinion though. Everyone has a different taste in music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

They're awful, mate.

Really, really awful. Awful lyrics, sound, style, heck, even their f**kin name is awful.

What more can I say?

Awful.

yus they do!.. but thats my opinion

SebtheBum wrote:
    They're awful, mate.

Really, really awful. Awful lyrics, sound, style, heck, even their f**kin name is awful.

What more can I say?

Awful.

Ok give me a name of a band you like and lets see what I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

they are really just a waste of a recording contract...cream is a great name for a band

A perfect circle now that music!... i like nearly any music!..
    Rage against the machine r another one!.. i listen to absolutely loadsa different type of music!.. who else do ya listen to?

Dogs Die in Hot Cars, The Arctic Monkeys, The Libertines, Hard-Fi, The Shins, Modest Mouse, Green Day, Space, Funeral For A Friend, Alkaline Trio...

All great bands. All great names. All bands I am a fan of.

awh im listening to the The Arctic Monkeys now there excellent!.. :)

Yeah the Arctic Monkeys are fantastic...

Btw, there's a song not on the album called Bigger Boys & Stolen Sweethearts, and imo it's their best song. So look it up, unsocial one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah i haven't heard much artic monkeys yet...might get their album on the way home from work...another cool name...son of dork just suggests lack of imagination and trying to be something they aren't.

awh that song is sweet!..

its jus a name of a sad little boys band!.. who try to sound funny and TRY get ANY fans over it!.. ugh there jus melts!.. everything about them is a melt!..

At least they've got a ticket out of loserville :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They epitomise everything that is evil about the music industry. Soulless, blandly derivative music pretending to be anyway contemporary and rebellious played by over-styled, hyper-choreographed shills who'd suck the devil off if they thought it would shift a unit for them. These peoploe wipe their ass with art.

May they one day realise what they've done.

• Advertisement

No doubt they'll realise while resting atop a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women :(

Moved from bands/musicians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Eire05

SebtheBum wrote:
    Yeah the Arctic Monkeys are fantastic...

Btw, there's a song not on the album called Bigger Boys & Stolen Sweethearts, and imo it's their best song. So look it up, unsocial one!
    And make sure you get the demo version. It's miles better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭StJimmy

Doctor J wrote:
    They epitomise everything that is evil about the music industry. Soulless, blandly derivative music pretending to be anyway contemporary and rebellious played by over-styled, hyper-choreographed shills who'd suck the devil off if they thought it would shift a unit for them. These peoploe wipe their ass with art.

May they one day realise what they've done.

Yeah I agree with this.
    They're a disgrace to the music industry.
    When bands like these top the charts and appear on the Late Late Show (I mean, wtf?) I think it's a sad eera for music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Eire05 wrote:
    And make sure you get the demo version. It's miles better.

Get the demo version of everysong you can,also i have a live album i got im germany ive uploaded,if anyone wants it pm me

As for Son Of Dork?They are the reason so many great unsigned bands are what they are,unsigned....Im sure their contract could have gone to someone worthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭lovell

one word sums up son of dork... CRONIC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Doctor J wrote:

Thats the most perfect description of them ive ever read! I cant belive some people have been fooled by them and actually think they are a "Band"

I wish bill hicks was still alive to let rip on them......

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I dunno, there has to a place for disposal pop/rock. Haven't heard Son of Dork but some of the greatest songs have been performed by made up bands/groups etc. Phil Spector got loads of magic out of relatively average bands.

Bands like the Monkees had great song writers giving them great songs (some of which they even played on), doesn't make the song bad because the artist performing it has no credibility.

I fully realise none of this may apply to Son of Dork though.

Advertisement