Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indispensible Web Development Books

Options
  • 02-02-2006 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Ever since I started to learn about web technologies like ASP, PHP, IIS, MySQL etc I have always learnt from tutorials on the web and researched specific problems when required. I don't own any books on web development at all and have always believed that anything you need to know is on the web already.

I have found recently that this approach has left me a little bit rough around the edges and also it has limited me in how I think when developing applications so I am looking to read books people would consider indispensible for someone who develops mainly in PHP, MySQL, xHTML and CSS. I would also consider books about Apache and UNIX if anyone knows any good ones.

A few books that I think are probably obvious choices are as follows:

Any book by Dan Cederholm
    Any book by Eric Meyer
    CSS Zen Garden

From there, I'm not really sure what books would be useful to someone who is pretty much an intermediate web developer. So, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Sitepoint have some great books. I've got a few. Well written, clear and simple. They got my started anyway.

Advertisement