Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exploitation Of Eddie (slight Raw/SD spoiler)

• 02-02-2006 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I wasn't too pleased about when the lowrider tribute to Eddie was used as a weapon at the SD special back in November, but I accepted it. Eddie hasn't been a huge issue on WWE tv up til the Royal Rumble, only guys wearin his shirt and the tribute armbands. I've no problem with that, they're payin tribute to a friend. Rey dedicating his rumble match to Eddie was ok when he first said it I thought. But it's what's happened since then that's pissed me off

Rey lookin up and smiling at Eddie for giving him a bad Rumble number was stupid. We all know there was no destiny involved there. Eddie was brought up a few times during the ppv, and for no real reason. If they were going to talk about him so much, why not at least promote his book? The proceeds are going to his family. All this talk of him is just WWE trying to get storylines over

So the Rumble left me with a slightly bad aftertaste in that regard, but I didn't think too much of it. Rey's goin onto WM for the title, all the best to him. But I've just looked at some sites now and I'm really ****in angry now. I read "WWE’s Creative team will be using Eddie to stimulate more heat in storylines." I haven't seen Raw or SD this week yet, but I was just talking to a guy I know and he said it was patethic on Raw, HHH doing the Eddie shuffle every 5 seconds. And then I hear about SD....

Orton said that Eddie's in hell and belongs there. ****in disgraceful. Yes, this is all "fake" and scripted, but Eddie's death was real. The love and admiration millions of people had for Eddie is real. And this is just taking it too far. Especially since they seem to be planning to take it further

And to make it worse, it now appears Orton will beat Rey for his WM title shot. Thus making Rey's Rumble win, and dedication of it, cheapened. The Rumble will be the new KOTR

And just a point to finish on..WWE clearly trying to make money out of Eddie's death: http://auction.wwe.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=66128532&prmenbr=37460399&aunbr=66475242. A chair signed by Rey, dedicated to Eddie. A ****in chair dedicated to a man's memory. You'd find it hard to believe that Rey (and others) are ok with this....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

oh christ , put it in perspective, HHH wasn't atatcking eddie, he was taunting chavo, this is turning inot a don't say anything negative about eddie becuase his dead crusade, watch the damn thing again tonight, HHH made reference to the story that rey was getting help from his friend eddie from above and that he couldn't get god or eddie so he'd go for chavo, should the christians and jews be offended that hhh wanted to beat up god, get a bit of perspective, they are using taunts to rile the faces, it's a script, if they just came out and said he was a piece of **** or something that'd be different but even a two year old can tell it's a scripting gimmick to generate heat on a wrestler, just like when rey wins his title at WM he'll dedicate the win to the spirit of eddie.
    fro,m what i've heard rey is going to the main event at wm
    the chair was dedicated by rey to eddie not wwe, did you ever think for a second that rey didn't want the memory of his friend to fade so fast
    stop being so touchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i mentioned in another thread that they used eddie's death to get rey over as the winner of the rumble, but this is beyond ridiculous. they are slowly stripping away the dignity of his passing. promoting his book is one thing, but using these tactics to do it is sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't want the memory of Eddie fading either, but I don't think WWE is doing the right thing. They're exploiting his death for their own gain. I mentioned that I haven't seen Raw yet myself, the guy I was talking to writes some columns on some well known websites, I've usually tended to agree with him though. The money from that chair is going to WWE, why should they mention that Rey dedicated it to Eddie unless they want to make extra money off it? And from what I've heard, Rey is losing his shot to Randy

Forgive me if I believe that riling fans up by insulting the memory of a guy most of them loved isn't the right thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I don mind the odd tribute or anything but some of the stuff thats been said is wrong i think. I didnt hear all of Ortons promo but just the summary of it I didnt like some of the stuff he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its completely wrong. There are subtle ways to keep Eddies memory alive ie. some of his friends imitating some of his moves, video packages for the anniversay of his death etc.
    But they are exploiting his death to make money. I think thats pretty low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

OK, I THOUGHT the first couple of weeks of every one paying thier respects to eddie and the eddie arm bands are cool. but it's not like us fans are going to forget eddie any time soon.... none of us havent forgotten about owen hart, i remember him even though i stopped watching wrestling for a couple of years before he died. but it just seems to me that the wwe are being a little desperate to keep onto eddie's memory and have him mentioned several times.... now rey is being great keeping the memory alive soo had chavo. now would eddie loved the fact that his name and memory is still being used in the wwe??? i think in some cases yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I watched the HHH/Chavo match and i was ok with HHH using Eddie as heat for the match but then "The Coach" saying things along the lines of Eddie really hated everyone and the Guerreo family were scrum was way over the line.

I dont really mind if Rey wins the RR or goes on to win the title WM as a tribute but using Eddie to put himself over is sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Stalfos wrote:
    I watched the HHH/Chavo match and i was ok with HHH using Eddie as heat for the match but then "The Coach" saying things along the lines of Eddie really hated everyone and the Guerreo family were scrum was way over the line.

i got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach when i heard coach say that... now that was just nasty like and certainly no need for it ether.... i didnt mind the match between triple h, it was going great, i didnt mind triple h using eddie for heat ether, until "coach" opens his big mouth and said that line.... it was near the end of the match, and it just turned me off the match completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Well in all fairness at least they are being consistant. Coach and Jerry the King Lawlor were repeatedly talking that way about Eddie over the course of his career. It's just commentary folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Exploitation of a man's death is never right. You never saw Eddie exploiting Art Barr's death for the good of his carreer.
    I won't be buying No Way Out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Exploitation of a man's death is never right. You never saw Eddie exploiting Art Barr's death for the good of his carreer.
    I won't be buying No Way Out.
    not exactly but then did you realise that eddie did the frog splash in memory of art barr

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

There's a difference between exploitng someones death and using a finishing move in memory of them.

Advertisement