Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family in Galway

Options
  • 02-02-2006 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I just found these boards. They're terrific! I can keep up on what's happening in Galway since I'm so far away (USA). My mom and ALL of her side of my family are in/around Galway. I've been there 4 times and wish to go back soon.

Just wanted to say hello!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Welcome! I'm actually over in the USA at the moment meself (bissniss stuff) and having a ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

If you want to keep up with news in Galway, go to www.galwayadvertiser.ie for weekly updated news(It's updated every Thursday).

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Or http://www.galwayindependent.com for the wednesday updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mb1197

Thanks for the suggestions on newspapers. It's hard keeping up with what's going on sometimes. I only get to speak to my mom once a week due to the international charges and all.

Where in Galway do you all live? My mom and my aunts and uncles grew up in Borhermore. The last name is Traynor.:)

I live in town, will be moving back to Salthill pretty soon :D

• Advertisement

I remember Salthill from when I visited years ago. It's beautiful there.:)

Yup, it's beautiful alright... when the sun is out... which is quite possibly 1/10th of the year /sigh

HA! That's what my mom says. :D

Advertisement