Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to talk about...

Options
  • 02-02-2006 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Nobody seems to know what is the best class.

I'm a warlock now. And everyone is always debating "Who are the hardest class to beat" and for a Warlock it appears to be hunters, paladins, shadow priests and Warriors. And othere Warlocks say they're easy..

This must mean they have the class balance right because if you're good you can win.

I had a guy telling me last night that Shaman are way overpowered and they should take penalties for things.... I heard different from other people.

I've played:

Hunter: Very good, great damage at the lvli was at. Good tanking. Decent Armor.

Mage: Couldn't knock snow off a rope at lower levels. Seems to be different higher up the scale.

Priest: Nearly died of boredome at lvl12...

Warrior: = Meathead.

Shaman: Very fun at lower lvl's

Warlock: this seems to be the one for me. Once i got my DoT's and the dog that does magic, it seems to be really fun. But hard to get used. to.

Anyway. No-one else is talking so i thought i'd say something...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Dunno bout anyone else but im sure that Bartonprinces racial bonus is +Throwing skills and Bezerking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

There is no best class. Every class has problems with another class. There is no superpowered class. Shaman's are powerful in bursts, but unless they melee spec, they will eat Mana and will only be useful for short periods.

Warriors are great as "tanks".. Priests as "healers". In PvP all classes have their advantages and disadvantages.

..rogues are the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Barton I'd easily say you would have been pushing epic mount time if you actually stuck with one character.

<3 trolls lee, just learn to love.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Dustaz wrote:
    Dunno bout anyone else but im sure that Bartonprinces racial bonus is +Throwing skills and Bezerking....
    haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Barton, until you've leveled a class to 60 and equipped it well there's no point worrying about class balance. :) Pick whatever is fun.

If you really can't resist thinking about who owns who, I would say a well geared Demonology Warlock is the best 1 v 1 class and a well geared Surv/Marks Hunter is the best battleground class. By the time you've leveled up of course, things may well be different.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

how many of these classes have you played past the 10-15 mark? cause you cant make any sort of accurate comparison until you have.

i've played a lock to 57 (oh so close), a pally to 46 and a priest to 15. what i've learned is that some people just suck at certain classes, and then blaim it on the class itself.

just stick to one bloody class, get to 40+ then have this conversation again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Kiith wrote:
    how many of these classes have you played past the 10-15 mark? cause you cant make any sort of accurate comparison until you have.

i've played a lock to 57 (oh so close), a pally to 46 and a priest to 15. what i've learned is that some people just suck at certain classes, and then blaim it on the class itself.

just stick to one bloody class, get to 40+ then have this conversation again...

Why only 57 on a warlock!?

Anyway, i' flying it now i tell ya! Just got my tank pet!

I take it you mean the voidwalker :D

sucubus for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

There is no bloody best class, thats supposed to be the whole point of the balance in the game. Pick whatever bloody class you find playing the most fun.

Christ.

There is no bloody best class, thats supposed to be the whole point of the balance in the game. Pick whatever bloody class you find playing the most fun.

Christ.

I have some chill pills here if you like....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm sorry, its just when someone continunaly asks the same question, and continunaly gets the same answer, and continunaly ignores the answer it takes some drilling to get it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'm sorry, its just when someone continunaly asks the same question, and continunaly gets the same answer, and continunaly ignores the answer it takes some drilling to get it through.
    for truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There is no best class. Every class has problems with another class. There is no superpowered class. Shaman's are powerful in bursts, but unless they melee spec, they will eat Mana and will only be useful for short periods.

How wrong you are noble omoplata. Locks are by far the most imba 1v1 class in the game. If you get beaten by any caster as a lock then you need to stop playing the game tbh. It's all down to choice of pet though.

Nerf deathcoil!

cry me a river jason.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

BloodBath wrote:
    How wrong you are noble omoplata. Locks are by far the most imba 1v1 class in the game. If you get beaten by any caster as a lock then you need to stop playing the game tbh. It's all down to choice of pet though.

Nerf deathcoil!

I'm a rogue. What do I know about casting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

troll shammy?

Again, calm down princess..... Some of us don't get time to play all the time because of lives.... I just wanted to make an informed decision, and i feel with Warlock i have made the correct one.

Besides, there needs to be some life put into these boards. No-body talks about anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i've got odds saying you'll get it to some low level and come backing whining about something or other. Looking for something else to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Every class is good, every class has a class that in most 1 v 1 cases will beat it.

Most says Shaman is the most imba class in 1 v 1 but I would say warlocks are up there if they are played with a bit of skill.

From this topic I think you should pick the Paladin class, it sounds like your class. They are a pain in the ass, stun you not just with stuns but with stupidity as well. Yes mister paladin that bubble is really going to save you when your standing in the middle of a group of horde! And repeatidly do the same thing over and over again, run in tickle peoples feet with a crappy AE and then bubble and run away again.

kayos wrote:
    From this topic I think you should pick the Paladin class, it sounds like your class. They are a pain in the ass, stun you not just with stuns but with stupidity as well. Yes mister paladin that bubble is really going to save you when your standing in the middle of a group of horde! And repeatidly do the same thing over and over again, run in tickle peoples feet with a crappy AE and then bubble and run away again.

i hate it when people bitch about pally's using the bubble as a way of escaping or lasting longer then others. yes, it can be very useful when 5 horde try to gank you, but 10 seconds later your still gonna die. and yes, you can shield + hs, but i dont see how dishonourable this is, when your being ganked by 5 horde. without the bubble, pallys would just be **** warriors, who can heal ever so slightly, and have survivability.

loads of people bitch about pally's, yet i've seen way more rogues/druids shapeshift and run like a bitch, or rogues vanish, heal, then come back when your fighting a mob, or hunter runs, then hides behind a hill and hits you for like 3000 damage in 2 seconds.

as for most imba, ya, atm the warlock is probably overpowered, but its a nice change to the old way of being a totally broken class. maybe blizz is just making up for the 6 patches that fixed nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I don't think people have an objection to paladins using a bubble if they are ganked by 5 people. I think people find it annoying that paladins run into a group of 5 people and then use their bubble thinking it's a get out of jail card.

Dataisgod wrote:
    i've got odds saying you'll get it to some low level and come backing whining about something or other. Looking for something else to play

Nope, I'm really liking Warlock now. I have met a few other locks through traveling around and we group up for quests and stuff now. I have a nice wand that i'm using which does good damage for my lvl. (Lv15 at the moment and my wand has a DPS of 17.5 which is very good.).

I think the wand i'm using has a higher DPS then my lvl3 Shadow Bolt!

Anyway, i really like it. It just took me a good while to figure out what i wanted ina class. It's a lot more complicated then most other classes but i think thats what i was looking for.

I have some decent enough gear that i have quested for. Most of it is Green.
    With my alchemy/clothes/imp i can get my health up to 480 and armor to around 370 which seems ok for my lvl so i'm not getting totally killed.

My only problem is this. I've done the Kharanos/loch modan/thelsamar/goldshire/westfall route for quests. And i know next to go to darkfall or whatever it's called wghich should bring me up to around lvl25 or so. But after that i don't know where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

My only problem is this. I've done the Kharanos/loch modan/thelsamar/goldshire/westfall route for quests. And i know next to go to darkfall or whatever it's called wghich should bring me up to around lvl25 or so. But after that i don't know where to go.

Here's an idea! Play and see... when you finish quests in a certain area, usually theres a quest to point you in the right direction

Have you been to Redridge? or the wetlands? just play... explore... if you find somewhere that theres enemies around your level, play there

Here's an idea! Play and see... when you finish quests in a certain area, usually theres a quest to point you in the right direction

Have you been to Redridge? or the wetlands? just play... explore... if you find somewhere that theres enemies around your level, play there

Heres an idea, lets stop being smart a*&Y*&s.
    I have been to redridge before and seemd to lose track as there weren't many quests there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Again, calm down princess..... Some of us don't get time to play all the time because of lives.... I just wanted to make an informed decision, and i feel with Warlock i have made the correct one.

Besides, there needs to be some life put into these boards. No-body talks about anything really.

Alright there "princess", stop baiting people. If you don't like the boards, and insist the people here have no lives, then I really have to wonder why you're posting here at all.
    The boards could do with a bit of livening up, but constantly asking the same questions isn't going to do it. Now play nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I have been to redridge before and seemd to lose track as there weren't many quests there.

lmao, this gets better and better :)

Dustaz wrote:
    lmao, this gets better and better :)

ok it's turned from a "what to be" thread, into a "killbarton thread" hehe.

i am a warlock who will be offered no direction.

/endthread

PS: This game is a lot less "chatty" then Starwars Galaxies... Maybe because of the SWG player community and such things as player cities etc...

Anyway.

God you actually were able to play swg :D

On a side note there is LOADS of quests in the red mountains from 16+ onwards to at least 22, then head east to northshire, then go to stv then tanaris then ungor/felwood etc etc etc.

There is ALWAYS an npc to point you in the right direction!

i went, roughly, elwynn, westfall, lakeshire/loch modan, duskwood/wetlands,a small bit in astranaar, then stv/desolace/1k needles etc...

you'dd be there till about 40, and after that, its tanaris/hinterlands/stv still etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I've a nightie so I spent my low levels in Kalimdor. Try Ashenvale, has Astranaar which gives lot's of quests and a few other places.

If your on a PvP realm watch your back though. Lot's of Horde and Ally floating about. Oh and always plenty of raids.

Advertisement