Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to talk about...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Kiith wrote:
    i hate it when people bitch about pally's using the bubble as a way of escaping or lasting longer then others. yes, it can be very useful when 5 horde try to gank you, but 10 seconds later your still gonna die. and yes, you can shield + hs, but i dont see how dishonourable this is, when your being ganked by 5 horde. without the bubble, pallys would just be **** warriors, who can heal ever so slightly, and have survivability.

loads of people bitch about pally's, yet i've seen way more rogues/druids shapeshift and run like a bitch, or rogues vanish, heal, then come back when your fighting a mob, or hunter runs, then hides behind a hill and hits you for like 3000 damage in 2 seconds.

Ok bit of background, PvE server, Allience are the ones doing the ganking normally (3:1 ish balance Allience to Horde), only talking about Battle Grounds and as said by another poster speaking of the loladins that shield, run into the middle of everyone and do the AE/Tickle feet thingy. Ok use it and run away and live thats cool. But the ones that just stand there and get ready for round two are just a pain in the ass.. As for rogues DoT them so they can not vanish. Druids? Remove the class form the game tbh... no longer is everything a hunter item.... bloody druids and their many forms.

But any way besides the point look at the Paladins abilities two bubbles, run speed increase and blessing of Freedom... to steal some words for the boss "baby we where born to run" :p

Then again Shaman can just self rez and FROST SHOCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Hunters use mail, Druids use Leather, doubt Druids would be stealing Hunters' stuff tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Demeant0r wrote:
    Hunters use mail, Druids use Leather, doubt Druids would be stealing Hunters' stuff tbh...
    Just because Hunters can use mail from 40 doesn't mean that there isn't better gear stat wise for them in leather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Lvl17 Warlock For Teh Win!!! ha ha.

I've seen some pretty powerful players. Paladins seem to be Warriors with crap heals and less damage....?

I like the armor shields they give though.
    I realised that the hack and slash type play doesn't suit me. My 2 classes would be hunter and warlock.

Druid is supposed to be ok if the player is very skilled. But apparently it's near impossible to kill Warlocks with Felhunter and soulink.

Wouldn't fancy my chances against a beastmaster hunter, or a rogue with a bastard stick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

kayos wrote:
    Ok bit of background, PvE server, Allience are the ones doing the ganking normally (3:1 ish balance Allience to Horde)

horde gank alliance, and alliance gank horde equally on most servers. the fact that there are more alliance on most servers only means that theres more people ganking, not a higher ratio. its a pvp server anyway, so i'm trying to stop complaining about getting ganked...although its hard.
    kayos wrote:
    But the ones that just stand there and get ready for round two are just a pain in the ass..

well what are pally's supposed to do with the shield then? pretty much all other class's can out damage them, so the shield was put in for a chance to heal, and be on even terms. yes, running into a group and doing AOE is annoying, but its also a crappy AOE, so just wait for his shield to drop, and kill him.
    Druid is supposed to be ok if the player is very skilled

druids can be a bitch to kill when played well, but thats the same with most classes. stunlock rogues and BM hunters are a bitch as a lock though (at least for me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Druid is supposed to be ok if the player is very skilled. But apparently it's near impossible to kill Warlocks with Felhunter and soulink.

All i have to do is sneak up behind a lock - Ambush - Sin Strike - Kick - Gouge - Rapture = dead lock

Vanish and waste your pet.

But locks are great fun to play with i have a lvl40 lock and a 53Mage - and a 36Rogue ( all Horde of Course )

120 energy ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

How much energy you using there Mac?

Mac daddy wrote:
    All i have to do is sneak up behind a lock - Ambush - Sin Strike - Kick - Gouge - Rapture = dead lock

Vanish and waste your pet.

But locks are great fun to play with i have a lvl40 lock and a 53Mage - and a 36Rogue ( all Horde of Course )

In an ideal world it sounds nice to be able to do that....
    I've heard different. If you are a human lock and like to use your show invisible skill, wouldn't that negate the ambush tactic?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I've heard different. If you are a human lock and like to use your show invisible skill, wouldn't that negate the ambush tactic?

It only negates it if theres a stealthed rogue there to see. If theres not, then its pointless. The point of stealth is that you dont know theres someone about to ambush you for 2/3 of your health. Hence perception is pretty typical of an alliance racial - highly situational and mostly useless.

• Advertisement

Yes, also Warlocks have Paranoia as it is.
    If dueling best bet is to get right up beside the lock at the start of the duel and spam CS or Ambush. I usually go with CS as the locks demon armor is a bitch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

perception is only good if you actually see the rogue for a split second. otherwise its pretty pointless, and it actually makes me more paranoid having it.

"oh my god...was that a lvl60 undead rogue!!"

then you'll see me randomly jumping around and looking in all directions :rolleyes:

Demon skin for teh win.... Seduce? ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

120 energy ftw.
    quick drink of tistle tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

The warlock detect invisibility spell won't detect stealthed people at all, paranoia only works if you have a felhunter out, which is pretty useless against a rogue unless you have soul link, and as others have said perception is only useful if you know a rogue is around in the first place. As a warlock, I found that the new version of deathcoil made rogues fairly easy to deal with however. I just hammered my deathcoil key as soon as the rogue made his opening move to get some distance, then seduce with the succubus and start nuking. If you get it right, you won't take many hits after the initial few. For alliance WOTF makes things harder, but my warlock was horde, so I never really had that problem.

Mac daddy wrote:
    quick drink of tistle tea :)
    Aye, I use Thistle Tea in WSG. Tis ftw when attacking a flag carrier, nice burst damage.

Advertisement