Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your 24 ideas, Boards own 24 episode/season

• 02-02-2006 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

so i had a thought, what if fox came to you and said listen lads/girls/bots :D, we need a new script for season 12 (it will last till then i hope)

So basically obviously we dont know outcomes of jack after season 5, but for the sake of the script Jack is still around in CTU, as an operative or freelance is up to the script.
    What i want to do is try and start a thread where everybody will add their input to the story and make it roll, some of you will have some nice ideas im sure so i wanna hear them :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Well, straight away we'd have to have Kim working as a stripper in a lapdancing club, wouldn't we? ;):D Send her back to her 'Girl Next Door' days!

I think we'd have to come up with something completely different from the usual chemical/biological/nuclear threat to the US storylines that have been played to death at this stage, it seems. I'd prefer to see something more along the lines of series 1. A storyline where it's more personal to the central characters and where we can go back to seeing some of the great character development of series 1.

I'm going to have to give this a lot more thought but, to start with, how does this sound? Something along the lines of Jack now confined to a desk job or heading up a small, elite group of operatives but where he doesn't actually go into the field anymore. He stays back at the office and gives the orders. What I'd like to see is some sort of operation going badly wrong, Jack listening in on the radio communication and hearing all his men being killed or something and having to come to terms with that. I'd love to see a more personal side to Jack in that situation, the look on his face when he realises it's all gone wrong, how he'd deal with knowing he ordered men to their deaths, etc. Maybe finally have the pressure of all the previous "days" finally get to him in a major way and this failed operation then pushes him over the edge and sends him into a downward spiral of depression, self-doubt, etc.

It would give us a good chance then to see the "inner workings" of Jack, so to speak, to see what his inner demons are, what things give him nightmares, what ways and means he used in the past to try and force those things to the back of his mind when he was off trying to save the world in days past. Does he ever think about all the people he killed and the people who died because of decisions he made over the years, and how has that effected him. All that sort of thing. Would just be great to get a bit deeper into the whole psyche (sp?) of Jack Bauer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Very good post adian, your idea is one at which i think we will use as the basis to start this whole thing off at.

I would also like to see people post some funny aspects of the whole CTU operation ie: "Chase then logs onto the CTU database, while gaining access it was noted that an overpowering HP logo dominated the screen"

If you get my drift.

Oh and yes the kim idea i will have to add in nicely :D

Adian since you have the general script idea ill give you the honorary title of starting it off :D

The Following takes place between....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

We need a script where Jack cannot interfere in the Field Work so I suggest that in the previous season (Day 11) Jack loses his legs in attempt to save the albino child of a senator, and as a result is confined to a chair and cannot on any circumstances help out - maybe a consultation role. He could still be the main character but we need a new main man on the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Sparky-s wrote:
    Adian since you have the general script idea ill give you the honorary title of starting it off :D

Oh no, no, no, not me! Somebody else can start it off. I'm not gonna be left hanging out there looking like an eejit if it all goes pear-shaped! :D

I don't think we can just go on my ideas, though. To be honest, what I typed earlier wasn't even a proper idea for a script, I was just throwing out a few ideas and what I thought I'd like to see included in it. I think we need to get some more ideas from other '24' fans here of what they'd like to see in the show, then work from that, before we even start writing a "proper" storyline, so to speak.

Judging from muletide's post, though, so far there seems to be concensus towards Jack no longer actually being involved in field work. Don't think I'd like to see him in a wheelchair or anything like that, mind you! :D But, yes, definitely he needs to be taken out of the field and involved in some other way, like a boss or, as muletide suggested, a governmental anti-terrorist consultant or advisor or something.

Come on people, more ideas and opinions please! :D

Right well i was planning on having jack as the director of CTU again after Bill so since aidan is afraid :D
    ill start. Remember it can be a laugh, but needs to be serious at stages. (i still like aidans idea)

The following takes place between 6am and 7am
    We see chloe in her usual mood in ctu about to open secret protocol for jack who wants to talk to....

this is where yous all add in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Hour 1 This hour takes place between 11 and 12 pm on the 4th February
    R0ot hates 24, he's hated it for quite a long time, since Season 2 that is, why can a show this bad be allowed to exsist. R0ot secretly plans to recruit a small elite force of trolls and direct them to the 24 Forum on boards.ie . Will R0ot get away with this fiendish plan, tune in next week for the dramatic conclusion of 24 R0ot Style :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

R0ot not banned yet :rolleyes:

well tbh he is entitled to his opinion, but this is not adding to to the thread, come on people your ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

edit: what was meant for another thread ended up here on a totally different board. teaches me to not look at what it is i do

Mossy Monk wrote:
    edit: what was meant for another thread ended up here on a totally different board. teaches me to not look at what it is i do

:v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

There was a graphic novel in which he went up against eco-terrorists in an Alaskan oilfield (and it was daytime the whole day like in Insomnia), I thought it was fairly cool.

Personally I would like to see the next season to start with Jack as a gibbering wreck, destroyed by all the sh!t he's been through. He'd only play a small role in the beginning (nice wee desk job shuffling paper) but slowly return to his old form as the day goes on and he is forced into the line of fire.

Advertisement