Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for the Summer

Options
  • 02-02-2006 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey,

I'm just wondering what people are planning on doing for the summer - working/ travelling/just bumming around?

I'm thinking about either going on a J1 to San Francisco, or working in Ireland until August and then travelling for awhile, but I'm not too sure about where I should head to - any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Yeah, i`d be interested in what others are planning on too. Im half thinking of going off somewhere foreign to work for the summer too. But only if some of my friends will come, or at least some classmates. :) I reckon iut`d be a class experience.
    Im doing a surveying degree so would love to see the types of buildings and such being used in other countries. Theres some organisation that arranges some work experience type trips for the construction courses but i cant remember the name. I must look it up.

If i dont go anywhere ill be working here throughout the summer hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Hmmmmmmmmmm, so this bit of the forum gets a lot of use then :D Or is no-one travelling off anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Last summer I worked until August and then went to Argentina for 5 weeks.
    An unforgettable experience and an amazing place. Also spent two days in Washington DC on the way home. Most people have the wrong idea about Argentina, its very wealthy compared to the rest of South America and really European. And its ****ing huge!!!
    Although it was winter in August it was still possible to get burnt alive up north ,go skiing down south and go horse riding in the Andes in the midwest.

Could be a great alternative to those not wishing to go to the US, Canada or back packing around Europe.

Advertisement