Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choice Question

• 02-02-2006 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

This does not directly effect the Junior Cert, but seen as there is no Secondary School board, this is the only place I can post it.
    Here goes, I got a list of choice subjects that I can choose to do. Know I am not good at all at science, it says on the paper that geography will do for science for some colledges. Is this so. I know I can ask my careers guidance councellor, but I just want to see what you's would say first. I want to do accountancy when I leave so, do I need science to get into colledge to study accountancy?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I don't think science is required for accounting. In fact I'm almost certain.

I've also heard that geography is counted as a science thing. I think it just counts for natural science things though, (like if you wanted to do geology or whatever,as opposed to wanting to do, say, theoretical physics). However, I am not sure. This'd just be information I gleaned from my parents and they went to college a long time ago. It's likely things have changed.

Advertisement