Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Problem

Options
  • 02-02-2006 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Every once in awhile I keep getting "Havok, you are not authourised to view this page...." when I click on anything...no specific forums....had me worried for awhile, thought I was banned over something, even if I couldn't think what....:p

Anyone else?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Dude youre banned from about 40 forums or so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Dude youre banned from about 40 forums or so...

Just the entire games category! Well, not entirely. Pretty much anything Amp mods.

But I was getting this message clicking on user profiles and clicking on AH threads....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Joke involving a death threat went seriously wrong :(

It wasn't really a death threat actually. I didn't threaten to kill anyone. But it was interpeted as such because amp hates me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

HavoK wrote:
    amp hates me....

He hates alot of people.

• Advertisement

He hates alot of people.

I'm his special hate child ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

HavoK wrote:

It wasn't really a death threat actually. I didn't threaten to kill anyone. But it was interpeted as such because amp hates me....
    Er... I think it was interpreted as such because it was a DEATH THREAT. Via private message- with no indication of a joke, no smilley, no nothing except an unsolicited: "watch your back, i'm coming for you" style message. How can you still be trying to pin the blame on the way other people interpret it, rather than the fact it was just you being an astounding moron? Cop on.

Holy **** Havok 6000+ posts since Feb 2005? Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

He hates alot of people.

I don't hate anybody.

Shabadu wrote:
    Er... I think it was interpreted as such because it was a DEATH THREAT. Via private message- with no indication of a joke, no smilley, no nothing except an unsolicited: "watch your back, i'm coming for you" style message. How can you still be trying to pin the blame on the way other people interpret it, rather than the fact it was just you being an astounding moron? Cop on.

The fact that I called him a punk and a young whippersnapper were the parts that indicated a joke. :D

Still a stupid idea I know but it wasn't intended to insult anyone. ...it was genuinely a rubbish joke gone wrong and I'm sorry I ever did it.

Amp - can I be unbanned? Pwwwwease.....I'm itching to be able to post on the games forum....must....scath...the fanbois...

• Advertisement

You want to get back into the Games forum in order not to discuss games but to antagonise other users?

Ban extended to infinity + 2 years. Have a nice day.

amp wrote:
    You want to get back into the Games forum in order not to discuss games but to antagonise other users?

Ban extended to infinity + 2 years. Have a nice day.

Actually I just want to post in the Battlefield forum. Is there anything I can do to get unbanned, all joking aside? I would appreciate it if there was.

Invent a time machine. Or perhaps redefine the word "permanent" to mean "temporary".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Ohhhh, Havok is Mobile infantry. The penny drops; it all makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

HavoK wrote:

Was it the death part or the threat part that went wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Crucifix wrote:
    Ohhhh, Havok is Mobile infantry. The penny drops; it all makes sense now.
    On a related note. Didn't there used to be a "Previous Nicks" section in the User profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Shabadu wrote:

Oh, it's this cretin? To be honest, he got off lightly; was surprised he wasn't permanently site-banned.

rsynnott wrote:
    Oh, it's this cretin? To be honest, he got off lightly; was surprised he wasn't permanently site-banned.

Fortunately the admins realised it was a joke in bad taste as opposed to an actual threat. As I have previously said, I did not simply say "Watch your back" as Shabadu is saying. Included the words "whippersnapper" in my message to highlight the very essence of a joke. Obviously it failed, I don't care, it's all in the past now so we can forget that stupidity on my part.....it happened, I was perm-banned and I deserved it. End of story as far as I'm concerned, apart from the asking if I could ever be eligible for access once more, which is denied, so it really is the end of it.

HavoK wrote:
    Fortunately the admins realised it was a joke in bad taste as opposed to an actual threat. As I have previously said, I did not simply say "Watch your back" as Shabadu is saying. Included the words "whippersnapper" in my message to highlight the very essence of a joke.

Really? I think you're lying. You've already lied in this thread. Here's the original death threat:

mideaththreat.jpg

I've asked you before to enlighten me to where exactly the punchline is in this "joke" and you have never been able to tell me where it is.

Oh, dear. Oh, dear, oh, dear, oh, dear. If it wasn't so pathetic, it'd be scary!

Oh, he's also a particularly clueless homophobe, of the "oh, it's just wrong!!" variety rather than the "Jesus told me it's wrong in the daily telephone conversations we have" variety. Silly MobileInfancy!

• Advertisement

Yes but Amp, I clearly remember folllowing that you with "you young whippersnapper" or something extremely similar, and you know that. I tried to instantly make it clear to you it was a joke, I'd posted on the cuckoos nest alot previously to that messing about, I'm not a very serious person. I also know, that YOU know, it was a joke, but that's no excuse for my stupidity I concede that.

I'm not lying, it was a genuine mistake and once more I genuinely am sorry I ever bothered attempting it. I'm not trying to make it sound like it's not my fault, because it was, just that I'm sorry and didn't mean to insult anyone.

@rysnnot...my, aren't we in get under the skin mode today...! :)

HavoK wrote:
    Yes but Amp, I clearly remember folllowing that you with "you young whippersnapper" or something extremely similar, and you know that.

How exactly do you know what I know?
    I tried to instantly make it clear to you it was a joke, I'd posted on the cuckoos nest alot previously to that messing about, I'm not a very serious person. I also know, that YOU know, it was a joke, but that's no excuse for my stupidity I concede that.

How exactly do you know what I know?
    I'm not lying, it was a genuine mistake and once more I genuinely am sorry I ever bothered attempting it. I'm not trying to make it sound like it's not my fault, because it was, just that I'm sorry and didn't mean to insult anyone.

You come into feedback pretending to have a technical problem which turns out to be yet another whinge trying to get back into the Games Cat. You try to make it out that your death threat was a joke because you followed it up by patronizing me. You tell Shabadu that she's wrong by saying that the message contained something which I have shown that it clearly does not.

Your apologies are worthless crap because you constantly display nothing but deceit and bullshít. STFU.

HavoK wrote:

I'm sorry, it's just that you seem to have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Most otherwise loathsome boardies are at least intelligent, or funny, or SOMETHING.

amp wrote:

You come into feedback pretending to have a technical problem which turns out to be yet another whinge trying to get back into the Games Cat. You try to make it out that your death threat was a joke because you followed it up by patronizing me. You tell Shabadu that she's wrong by saying that the message contained something which I have shown that it clearly does not.

Your apologies are worthless crap because you constantly display nothing but deceit and bullshít. STFU.

I never came into feedback pretending anything. I came in with a genuine problem which sorted itself incidently. If you look back I in no way originally started off this relating to the cat ban. But whilst the subject was approached I took the opportunity to ask you if I could be unbanned, something which is about as forecoming as....well, something not coming this half of the millenium.

As for deceit and lies, there was more then one PM - there was actually an entire conversation there in which alot of the time I thought you were taking the "joke" in good humour - I sent you several PM's full of non threatening nonsense in response to what intially were un-angered responses from you. It was only after two or three PM's that you said you were going to push for me to be site banned, which was frankly quite a shock to me.

Now apart from the - and I cannot stress this enough - stupid, stupid joke I made, I've never been hostile to you in any way. You on the other hand have insulted me - personnally, no less- more times then I care to remember. Not that it bothers me much or anything, because what people say to me on an internet boards isn't of alot of concern in my life - but it's just that you've been "mobileinfantryphobic" for quite some time prior to the ban, and you can't even attempt to deny that.

Although I don't like where this thread is going, it's going to end up as a flame of epic porportions.....lets leave it at me being banned for life from the games cat, me being a dickhead, and with no prospect of parole from either values in your lifetime. Deal? I'm not afraid to say I was being a jackass. Just don't want this descending into a repeat of various other threads.

Hi rysnnot, if you want to discuss the merits of my character in your eyes further, take it to PM - give me time to draw up my list of your shining qualities :)

Wait. MobileInfantry is HavoK?

WHY WASNT I INFORMED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

HavoK wrote:
    It was only after two or three PM's that you said you were going to push for me to be site banned, which was frankly quite a shock to me.
    This is leading me to the conclusion the site-ban wasn't long enough.

I'd cut my losses and give up now if I was you.

HavoK wrote:

Hi rysnnot, if you want to discuss the merits of my character in your eyes further, take it to PM - give me time to draw up my list of your shining qualities :)

Oh, I'm sure anyone interested can find merits, if any, by viewing your past posts. Just that "I don't like gay people and they shouldn't be allowed to publicly display affection but I refuse to quantify this" one should provide plenty of material...

HavoK wrote:
    I never came into feedback pretending anything. I came in with a genuine problem which sorted itself incidently.

How did it sort itself out? I'm very curious. Although you won't answer this question because you have yet to answer any of them.
    If you look back I in no way originally started off this relating to the cat ban.

All I see is "I can't access certain forums" followed up by please let me back into certain forums.
    But whilst the subject was approached I took the opportunity to ask you if I could be unbanned, something which is about as forecoming as....well, something not coming this half of the millenium.

You went off-topic in your own thread? This isn't TCN by the way.
    As for deceit and lies, there was more then one PM - there was actually an entire conversation there in which alot of the time I thought you were taking the "joke" in good humour - I sent you several PM's full of non threatening nonsense in response to what intially were un-angered responses from you.

Ah right so. If I send a letter threatening Bertie Aherns life and then send him a load of wacky postcards then I wouldn't get a visit from the Gards? In the conversation I asked quite clearly if you were seriously threatening my life and given that all I got back was rambling nonsense that didn't indicate otherwise I decided to request your banning.

I don't agree with the decision Asok made but he's an Smod and I'm not. If I was an Smod you wouldn't be posting on this site. I would happily make an example of you to highlight how threatening a moderators life results in serious consequences.
    It was only after two or three PM's that you said you were going to push for me to be site banned, which was frankly quite a shock to me.

Well I guess you won't be making any more death threats then will you?
    Now apart from the - and I cannot stress this enough - stupid, stupid joke I made, I've never been hostile to you in any way. You on the other hand have insulted me - personnally, no less- more times then I care to remember.

I have stated that you are either stupid, moronic or on occasion homophobic. You seem to agree with the former and there's plenty of evidence for the latter.
    Not that it bothers me much or anything, because what people say to me on an internet boards isn't of alot of concern in my life - but it's just that you've been "mobileinfantryphobic" for quite some time prior to the ban, and you can't even attempt to deny that.

Oh of course not. I'm generally hostile towards stupid homophobes. I don't send them death threats because I'm not stupid. I'm also not homophobic.
    Although I don't like where this thread is going, it's going to end up as a flame of epic porportions.....lets leave it at me being banned for life from the games cat, me being a dickhead, and with no prospect of parole from either values in your lifetime. Deal? I'm not afraid to say I was being a jackass.

Wow, you finally get it. Amazing.
    Just don't want this descending into a repeat of various other threads.

Here's a tip then: don't post in Feedback. In fact, why not start afresh in another forum site. The makeover hasn't worked as we all know you're MobileInfantry now so my suggestion is to take the lessons you've hopefully learned here and get lost.

amp wrote:

Here's a tip then: don't post in Feedback. In fact, why not start afresh in another forum site.

There's always teenireland; you'd no doubt find likeminded people there :)

• Advertisement

I didn't change my name to evade anything. I simply changed it to want I wanted it to be when I subscribed. I assume that is is a satisfactory move for everyone on my part that doesn't require verification from anyone here....:)

Nor am I homophobic. Of course you can argue this till the cows come home but as you said yourself amp nobody can tell somebody else what they either know or think. I actually have - shock! - some gay friends and quite frankly it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think you'll find there is a large difference between strong opinion and homophobia. I don't think any less of gay people as exactly that - people - just because of their sexual preference. Disagree with the ideals, not those that are under it.

Advertisement