Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Problem

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'm still not seeing anything to suggest this wasn't an attempt to pull the wool over our eyes.

Try to come up with something before I come back from my smoke break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Talliesin wrote:
    I'm still not seeing anything to suggest this wasn't an attempt to pull the wool over our eyes.

Try to come up with something before I come back from my smoke break.

I actually don't know what you are talking about now, honestly. Pulling the wool over your eyes in regards to what? I'm confused as to what this is relating to - the thread original topic, the amp issue, or....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

HavoK wrote:
    Nor am I homophobic. Of course you can argue this till the cows come home but as you said yourself amp nobody can tell somebody else what they either know or think. I actually have - shock! - some gay friends and quite frankly it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think you'll find there is a large difference between strong opinion and homophobia. I don't think any less of gay people as exactly that - people - just because of their sexual preference. Disagree with the ideals, not those that are under it.

Any yet you object to public displays of affection by two persons of the same gender? Why? Because it frightens or disgusts you? That is more or less what homophobia is. I see straight people kissing in public all the time, and only occasionally feel the need to vomit on their heads :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

HavoK wrote:
    I actually don't know what you are talking about now, honestly. Pulling the wool over your eyes in regards to what? I'm confused as to what this is relating to - the thread original topic, the amp issue, or....?
    He means, you could have started this thread to bring up this crap again and not because you have a problem with access.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

The death threat was obviously a joke

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    That's why there was just a 2-week siteban.

Talliesin wrote:
    That's why there was just a 2-week siteban.

but why the permanent Games cat ban....he's apologised.

Well, I have my suspicions that this was an attempt to get some of the bans removed. I'm not sure though, and even though I really dislike MI and would love to have a reason to site-ban him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. This time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Talliesin wrote:
    Well, I have my suspicions that this was an attempt to get some of the bans removed. I'm not sure though, and even though I really dislike MI and would love to have a reason to site-ban him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. This time.

I swear to god that part is not true. I'm not going to reply to anything else as this is not the place for discussion of my opinions, I'm sure everyone appreciates that, but last night, I was getting random access not allowed messages after the upgrade and thereafter posted on feedback wondering if it was affecting anyone else.

I won't ask about the banning again. I certainly didn't intend to bring it up in this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

RuggieBear wrote:

AH HA! Someone has found the punchline! Please tell me as I'm dying to see it!

• Advertisement

Does every joke have to have a punchline?

But go on ahead victimising the poor muppet who thought he was on the same wavelength as yourself

When did this all happen?On a side note.Alot of gay people seem to take the pdas too far.Like I have worked in a nightclub at gay nights and it seemed more seedy,more full of drugs,more dirtier.why do they have to bring dildos and dress in leather etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

When did this all happen?On a side note.Alot of gay people seem to take the pdas too far.Like I have worked in a nightclub at gay nights and it seemed more seedy,more full of drugs,more dirtier.why do they have to bring dildos and dress in leather etc?

Where was this, now? The dildos is rather surprising. Anyway, a nightclub isn't public. MobileInfantry was getting upset about public displays of affection in that thread.

RuggieBear wrote:
    Does every joke have to have a punchline?

I'm no comedy expert but usually a punchline is a fundamental part of a joke. When I receive a message telling me to watch my back with regard to my impending death I tend not to see the funny side. I don't understand how you do.
    But go on ahead victimising the poor muppet who thought he was on the same wavelength as yourself

I didn't start this thread. I didn't send any death threat. And aren't you victimising him by calling him a poor muppet? That's pretty much the strength of abuse I've used.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

why do they have to bring dildos and dress in leather etc?
    I often ask myself the same thing about hen nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TBH, an internet death treat is the same as a postal one, a phone threat, or a personal threat. I'm finding it hard to see the joke, and I joke, occasionally.

John

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

amp wrote:
    I'm no comedy expert but usually a punchline is a fundamental part of a joke. When I receive a message telling me to watch my back with regard to my impending death I tend not to see the funny side. I don't understand how you do.
    A certain somebody sends me death threats via PM when I wind her up, means nothing- I don't think her assassin will be arriving at my door just yet (: , people just react differently to these things. I would have shrugged it off, you didn't, it's just who people are that decides how they react. Suppose it also depends on how you view the person sending it.

Is it not abuse to ban him from all the categories that you happen to mod? He got a 2 week siteban.

Is that not enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Again, this isn't a democracy. Mods can do what they want, to keep the peace on their boards.

John

RuggieBear wrote:
    Is it not abuse to ban him from all the categories that you happen to mod? He got a 2 week siteban.

The site ban is nothing to do with me. As I've already said, had it been up to me MI would not be posting here ever again. Permanent bans are handed out to spammers, warez monkeys and people persisting in personal abuse. I got a death threat. Is it abuse to ban the spammers and warez monkeys for what are less serious offences? CRY FREEDOM!
    Is that not enough?

No.

• Advertisement

I just think it's harsh and an overreaction by you but hey, it's not my place to argue with your decisions. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

A new Gathering card is required: a MobileInfantry's Death Threat card.

Now, if only I didn't suck at digital art.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

WizZard wrote:
    A new Gathering card is required: a MobileInfantry's Death Threat card.

Now, if only I didn't suck at digital art.
    Done

MIgathering.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

TPlayer.jpg

RuggieBear wrote:
    I just think it's harsh and an overreaction by you but hey, it's not my place to argue with your decisions. Apologies.

Question my decisions all you like. That's what this forum is for. And there are times when I'm wrong. But I don't feel like I am in this case. Death threats shouldn't be tolerated by any user, moderator or admin and should be punished accordingly.

amp wrote:
    Question my decisions all you like. That's what this forum is for. And there are times when I'm wrong. But I don't feel like I am in this case. Death threats shouldn't be tolerated by any user, moderator or admin and should be punished accordingly.

But it wasn't a death threat it was a crap joke that he thought you'd "get"

RuggieBear wrote:

We're going round in circles here.

I'm done with this thread.

amp wrote:
    We're going round in circles here.

I'm done with this thread.

fair enough.

Lump wrote:
    Again, this isn't a democracy. Mods can do what they want, to keep the peace on their boards.

John
    Mods can't quite do whatever they want. At the same time if I was amp I'd have probably done the same thing. For that matter if I'd seen amp's complaint before asok it wouldn't have just been a two week ban.
    RuggieBear wrote:
    It didn't read like that to me, and really that's the sort of joke you make when someone you like accidentally wrongs you, not with someone you share enmity with in the middle of an argument.

So far the best defense I've seen for MI's argument that it was a joke has been "yeah, but MI's a moron, he just couldn't get the joke right". That seems to be pretty much why he got away with the lenient action. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Talliesin wrote:
    Mods can't quite do whatever they want. At the same time if I was amp I'd have probably done the same thing. For that matter if I'd seen amp's complaint before asok it wouldn't have just been a two week ban.

It didn't read like that to me, and really that's the sort of joke you make when someone you like accidentally wrongs you, not with someone you share enmity with in the middle of an argument.

So far the best defense I've seen for MI's argument that it was a joke has been "yeah, but MI's a moron, he just couldn't get the joke right". That seems to be pretty much why he got away with the lenient action. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I'm just completely wrong. I seem to be the only one who thought it was just a misunderstanding...
    Maybe i just got it the way MI/Havok intended it....christ does that mean we both share the same ****e sense of humour?:eek: :(

But then other people have had misunderstandings with Amp when they thought everyone was having a laugh, haven't they?

Advertisement