Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sol Campbell left after being subbed

• 02-02-2006 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

I want to ask Arsenal Supporters, whats up with Sol?

Apparently he was given the day off today after he sulked out of Highbury at half time in the defeat to West Ham because he was subbed. He will not be playing in the weekend game either. Are his Arsenal days numbered and if so will he keep his place for the world cup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

not an arsenal fan, obviously but if it where a liverpool player i dont know if i would be annoyed about him leaving.

The fact he got so upset over his performance/subbing cant be a bad thing can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I'd say man utd might be interested now that "ferdi" has taken over as roy keane.

Wouldnt say he's so proud of his head and ball skills today LMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The Muppet wrote:
    I want to ask them, whats up with Sol?

Apparently he was given the day off today after he sulked out of Highbury at half time in the defeat to West Ham because he was subbed. He will not be playing in the weekend game either. Are his Arsenal days numbered and if so will he keep his place for the world cup?

I don't know if you're just trying to wind people up or it's a general question (the title of the post leaves me unsure). What's happened to Sol Campbell? Well quite obviously he's sh*t. He's lost any pace he's ever had and now is completely useless. Add that to him not seeming to give a sh*t about the state of the club at the minute and you've got a major problem. His Arsenal days are definitely numbered if he doesn't get his act together sharp. The fact Wenger subbed him off for a midfielder who had never played a Premiership game before says it was a serious situation at half time in the West Ham game. I doubt he'll be going to the world cup. Terry, Carragher, King, Ferdinand are all miles better than him (yes even Rio).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't know if you're just trying to wind people up or it's a general question (the title of the post leaves me unsure). What's happened to Sol Campbell? Well quite obviously he's sh*t. He's lost any pace he's ever had and now is completely useless. Add that to him not seeming to give a sh*t about the state of the club at the minute and you've got a major problem. His Arsenal days are definitely numbered if he doesn't get his act together sharp. The fact Wenger subbed him off for a midfielder who had never played a Premiership game before says it was a serious situation at half time in the West Ham game. I doubt he'll be going to the world cup. Terry, Carragher, King, Ferdinand are all miles better than him (yes even Rio).

The question is serious. I thought it would have been rased here today but we appear to have a severe shortage of gooners here at the moment which surprises me because the place was over run with them a couple of seasons ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

he's playing very poorly. As others have said, he'de definetly headed towards the exit door if he continues in the same vein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Muppet I can't take ye seriously at all, every time ye post a comment it just seems yer trying to antagonise people. When I seen the title for this thread I just thought here we go again, cos I think ye created a similiar thread in the last few months.

What I believe that has happened to Campbell is that he has lost his confidence big time. We all know how fragile players can become, if ye just take alook at your own team, Rio was having a torrid time. It happens to every player, but because Arsenal don't have the same protection as they did with Vieira in front of the back four, his mistakes are even more glaring then what they would have been.

Royale I dont agree with ye that he is crap, players dont become crap over night, even if he hasn't performed to his high standards this season, I was hopeful on Wednesday night, as I thought he did play well against Bolton, on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If you think someone is trolling, then report the post. Thats how boards works.

Campbell is having a bad spell, probably due to lack of fitness, he was out of the team for a long time.

Plenty of top defenders in top teams have the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

psi wrote:

Plenty of top defenders in top teams have the same problem.

But they never leave the ground during a game, thats just unprofessional to himself, the team and most importantly the player who replaced him.

Fair enough get changed and go sit in the stands and be annoyed.But you dont go home even more so when the team is losing to 2 goals that you caused.

Something not right in his head, so be off to Boro or Brum soon.

kdjac

Roddy23 wrote:
    Muppet I can't take ye seriously at all, every time ye post a comment it just seems yer trying to antagonise people. When I seen the title for this thread I just thought here we go again, cos I think ye created a similiar thread in the last few months.

As I said it's a genuine question, what do you find antagonising about it? Are we not allowed post about arsenal problems ?

KdjaC wrote:
    But they never leave the ground during a game, thats just unprofessional to himself, the team and most importantly the player who replaced him.

Thats true, he did. I'm not making excuses for him off the pitch. Obviously something is not quite right.

I'd say either:

A) He has some major personal issue that will be revealed soon in some highly invasive tabloid manner

or

B) He's had some falling out at Highbury and knows his days are numbered.
    Fair enough get changed and go sit in the stands and be annoyed.But you dont go home even more so when the team is losing to 2 goals that you caused.

I don't think he adds that much to Arsenal these days that Wenger would feel the need to specifically make excuses for him if there was a bust up. Arsenal, by and large are a forgiving club - Adams, Parlour and all.
    Something not right in his head, so be off to Boro or Brum soon.
    To be fair, if they could get Upson back for him then it wouldn't be a bad bit of business.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    As I said it's a genuine question, what do you find antagonising about it? Are we not allowed post about arsenal problems ?

I think it's the fact that in the title you stated you were looking for Arsenal fans. I don't see why you need to support Arsenal to talk about Sol Campbell's form. The title suggests either you just want to get into arguments with Arsenal fans about how crap Arsenal are or you're suggesting all the glory supporters won't show their face when the team starts to perform poorly.

Roddy, I'm not basing my opinion on Wednesday nights performance. He has been poor for quite some time now. It was just glaringly obvious against West Ham.

I think it's the fact that in the title you stated you were looking for Arsenal fans. I don't see why you need to support Arsenal to talk about Sol Campbell's form. The title suggests either you just want to get into arguments with Arsenal fans about how crap Arsenal are or you're suggesting all the glory supporters won't show their face when the team starts to perform poorly.

I think "Sol Campbell buggered off the git" may have been a better title.
    Not the Trollerific one thats there ;)

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    I think "Sol Campbell buggered off the git" may have been a better title.
    Not the Trollerific one thats there ;)
    I agree, it is a big troll.

Roddy, I'm not basing my opinion on Wednesday nights performance. He has been poor for quite some time now. It was just glaringly obvious against West Ham.

It wasn't his form I asked about . It was what is going on behind the scenes that has led to his drop in form. Arsenal Fans are more likely to know the goings on at their club form dedicated Arsenal fora.

I can see where you are coming from on the thread title and I have changed it.

Can we leave the off topic stuff at that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

personally i have never been a fan of campbell. i thought he was always very limited as a player. however he has proved over the years, with the right people alongside him that he can play a role in a team.

although his injury can be partially blamed for his recent dip in form, i believe the poor form of the arsenal defence and team in general is what is showing campbell up at the moment.

im not sure why exactly he is "sulking" but id imagine the pressure on the man at the moment is unreal. looks like losing his place in the england team, and under performing in an under performing team. all this cant be good for him and it will be a big test of his character to turn it around in whats left of the season.

jumpa

all this cant be good for him and it will be a big test of his character to turn it around in whats left of the season.

i think he failed any test of anything last night, pushed aside for 2 goals in a half that Arsenal largley dominated. I think hes an excellent player but last night as a footballer he shouldnt have made those mistakes and certainly not as an experienced international.

The ball never went down the wings everything WH did came right tru the centre due to their tactical plan to wedge 5 in midfield.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

According to Wenger today, he was so upset with his performance in the first half that he was blaming himself for everything that was wrong, and Wenger felt he was in the wrong state of mind to go out again in the second half. Word has it that Pat Rice told him to go home before he demoralised the rest of the players.

I dunno whats going on in Sol's head at the moment (nobody does), but it certainly doesn't seem to be condusive to the team performing well. If thats the case, he's better off elsewhere, regardless of his form. The run we're on at the moment is an absolute joke - Wenger may have passed off this defeat as a spot of amazing bad luck, but losing to Wigan, Bolton, Everton, and West Ham in the space of a month isn't bad luck. Its sh*te, and everybody knows it.

Tbh, I haven't posted here in a while, but I just wanted to disprove The Muppet's "point" that all the Arsenal fans have buggered off. We're still here, and if you want to say that we're shìt at the moment, feel free. We already know it, and making snide comments that allude to it without really saying it seems to be just an exercise in time-wasting if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I think it's the fact that in the title you stated you were looking for Arsenal fans. I don't see why you need to support Arsenal to talk about Sol Campbell's form.

You're right. I'm a Spurs fan, and I'm only too happy to talk about Judas' career disappearing down the plughole. His performance on Wednesday night was comedy gold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Looks like he's having some sort of crises in his personal life:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4676360.stm

Pires reveals Campbell's distress

Beleguered Arsenal defender Sol Campbell has a "big worry" in his private life, says Highbury team-mate Robert Pires.

Campbell, 31, was taken off after a torrid first-half display in the 3-2 defeat against West Ham on Wednesday.

Manager Arsene Wenger has revealed the defender will not feature against Birmingham on Saturday.

Pires said: "He certainly has a big worry on the private side and that is what is upsetting him."

Campbell has also been given time off training amid reports that he is considering walking away from football.

The centre-back left Highbury at half-time having been replaced by Wenger.

Pires, speaking on French radio, added: "He has shown a certain distress in relation to what he can show. We know he's a gifted, very good lad.

"We want to tell him and make him understand that we are behind him whatever happens. We all have difficult times in our careers.

"It is hard for him to face up to the situation, but he is not alone. He knows that and we have told him so this morning."

Wenger was already without defenders Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue (African Cup of Nations), Kerrea Gilbert and Lauren (injuries) before he was forced to give Campbell some leave.

"There is not a lot of choose from," the Arsenal manager admitted. "I don't know what I'll do about it at the moment, I must think.

"Do I put Gilberto there or keep (Mathieu) Flamini at the back? I don't know."

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think it's the fact that in the title you stated you were looking for Arsenal fans. I don't see why you need to support Arsenal to talk about Sol Campbell's form.
    He was looking for the opinions of Arsenal supporters. Stop trying to stir something up out of nothing. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I'd say man utd might be interested now that "ferdi" has taken over as roy keane.

HAHAHAHAHA , thanks for the laugh ... i needed that to brighten up my Friday morning =)

Shred wrote:
    Looks like he's having some sort of crises in his personal life:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4676360.stm

I would imagine most soccer fans are aware of the rumours surrounding Sols Private life, they have been around for years without affecting his performances.

I think Wenger and Sol have had another major falling out and the club are clouding the real issue (as you would expect).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Have you ever had to leave work due to a personal issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

No I haven't but then again my work isn't under the tabloid spotlight of vicious rumours and agendas:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

God why did I go to the pub last night?
    I could have been on here for hours instead ;)

Most Arsenal fans are loyal and true fans and will support the club for most
    if not all of their lives.
    Try asking the Chelsea fans that question!
    Amazing what a good run and a couple of Premierships does to the fan base. Even if they do fall apart, the rest of the teams behind are too inconsistant at the moment to catch them.

Every team and every player has a bad run at some stage.
    It's just Campell's time, nothing more, nothing less.
    If he's not playing well and/or not in the right frame of mind, then Wenger is entitled to take him off or rest him.
    Thiery has had some bad runs (where he hasn't played well or scored for weeks) but he just gets on with it and gets back to where he was.
    Sol will do that, he just needs a few days to motivate himself and get himself together.
    There's nothing worse then trying to get back on the rails after a bad run.
    Mind you
    He has to start getting back to his best soon or his place in the WC might be in trouble. Also doesn't help if the rest of the team are not playing too well either :o

At least we're still in the Champions League :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he is concerned for Sol Campbell's wellbeing - and said he does not know when he will next see the player.

Campbell left Highbury before the end of Wednesday's 3-2 defeat to West Ham after he was substituted at half-time.

Now Wenger has said: "At the moment I am worried about Sol because he is down. The reason? Only he can answer."

Team-mate Robert Pires said earlier on Friday that 31-year-old Campbell had a "big worry" in his private life.

Campbell was taken off after a torrid first-half display in the defeat to West Ham.

Wenger then gave the centre-back time off training and revealed he would not feature against Birmingham on Saturday.

Wenger, speaking to the London Evening Standard newspaper, added: "He was disappointed by his performance on Wednesday. I had not seen any special problem affecting him.

"There is no bad feeling between us. Does he have a future at Arsenal? Of course. I don't know when I will see him - next week, certainly, but I do not know when.

"I will talk with him but at the moment I am more focused on the game at Birmingham.

"I hope that when he comes back he comes back stronger. It is down to the individual. There is no reason he cannot be the same player."

Campbell's representative Sky Andrew told BBC Sport he would be making no comment to the media about the Arsenal star's situation at the moment.

Pires, speaking to a French radio station, said: "He certainly has a big worry on the private side and that is what is upsetting him."

I don't know what I'll do about it at the moment, I must think
    Arsene Wenger

But while Wenger did not seem to know where Campbell was, Pires said he and other players had spoken to the England man.

"We want to tell him and make him understand that we are behind him whatever happens. We all have difficult times in our careers.

"It is hard for him to face up to the situation, but he is not alone. He knows that and we have told him so this morning."

Another player, Kolo Toure, who is away at the African Cup of Nations, said he had tried and failed to contact Campbell.

"I think Sol Campbell is a good player. We all know what he has done for Arsenal and the England national team as well.

"That kind of thing (the West Ham performance) can happen once in your life. For me he is a good player and he will be back definitely. I have tried to phone him but it was hard to get him," Toure told the BBC.

Reports have suggested Campbell might walk away from football, while it has also been said that Football Association officials tried unsuccessfully to contact him when he was absent from a function with Tony Blair on Thursday.

Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are unavailable on Saturday while Kerrea Gilbert and Lauren are injured so Wenger could have done with Campbell being around.

"There is not a lot of choose from," the Arsenal manager admitted. "I don't know what I'll do about it at the moment, I must think.

"Do I put Gilberto there or keep (Mathieu) Flamini at the back? I don't know."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4676360.stm

Guy clearly has a lot going on in his life at the moment, thread titles like this one aren't entirely constructive (even if the pun wasn't intended).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I don't know if you're just trying to wind people up or it's a general question
    You say that and then go on to say this....
    What's happened to Sol Campbell? Well quite obviously he's sh*t. He's lost any pace he's ever had and now is completely useless. Add that to him not seeming to give a sh*t about the state of the club at the minute and you've got a major problem.
    It could be argued that you're trying to wind people up yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

My money is on Pascal Cygan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The Muppet wrote:
    I would imagine most soccer fans are aware of the rumours surrounding Sols Private life, they have been around for years without affecting his performances.

What happened in Sol's private life. Has he mental problems or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

There have been rumours that he is gay circulating for quite a while now. His brother was jailed for a year for attacking someone who called Sol gay.

That is why the original thread title was unsuitable and entirely inappropriate imo. Sol has repeatedly denied all such allegations.

BaZmO* wrote:
    You say that and then go on to say this....

It could be argued that you're trying to wind people up yourself.

Jesus people give it a rest. Newsflash: I'm an Arsenal fan. I gave my opinion like was asked. Pornapster I'm not sure If you saw the original title but I was fully justified in my statement. I tried to put it mildly but the OP was trolling. It's not the first time he's asked where all the Arsenal fans have gone. Sorry to go off topic again but I did not overreact.

What was the original title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

"Sol Campbell buggered off the git" or something like that.

OIC. I seen that title alright but wasn't aware of the rumours until I read the thread.

I take it back Royale with Cheese, it does look like he was trying to wind people up by the looks of it.

You really do know how to make friends The Muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Whatever his position in the Arsenal squad, he's more or less scuppered his chances of being one of Englands first choice centre backs in the Summer.

Wenger really needs him though, otherwise he'd have ripped the guy a new arsehole.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:

That is why the original thread title was unsuitable and entirely inappropriate imo. Sol has repeatedly denied all such allegations.
    BaZmO* wrote:

You really do know how to make friends The Muppet.

Did you even see the original Title of the thread?

If anyone read the thread they would see that I changed it to "Sol campbell buggered off the git" at the suggestion of another user. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50815846&postcount=13

My original title was " where have all the Arsenal Supporters gone" which some users took ofence to so I changed it. There is way too much being read into the titile of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Wenger hasn't a clue where Sol is and doesn't seem to care! He is really leaving Sol out to dry here. What on earth is going on? I thought Alex Ferguson had treated players harshly in the past but this is taking it to a new level. Wenger is making a point of totally disconnecting Sol from the club. I wonder will we see him in a n Arsenal shirt again?

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=360245&CPID=8&clid=&lid=4161&title=WENGER+HASN'T+SEEN+ERRANT+SOL
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admits he is unsure of the whereabouts of defender Sol Campbell.

Campbell left Highbury on Wednesday after being substituted by Wenger during the 3-2 defeat to West Ham.

Wenger will not be able to call on Campbell for a potentially difficult trip to Birmingham on Saturday but insists he is more concerned by preparing his team in the correct manner rather than speculating on individuals.

"The situation is I haven't seen him since the game and that's it. We have to focus, of course, on tomorrow's game and there's not a lot else I can say," Wenger told Sky Sports News.

"I dont know [when he will return]. I have not spoken to Sol since Wednesday night but we have to focus on what is important at the moment for the club.

"We have a game to prepare for and we can only do that with players who are available and focused on the game. Sol, at the moment, cannot help us."

Wenger refused to confirm Campbell's continued absence is due to non-footballing reasons.

"I cannot confirm that at all. We don't want to interfere with private lives, it's down to them and we respect that," added Wenger.

"I want to stop talking about that and respect what is happening and focusing on what is important for him and for us. I dont know where he is at the moment."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

[Wenger hasn't a clue where Sol is and doesn't seem to care! He is really leaving Sol out to dry here. /QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more with ye. While he mightn't know where Campbell is, I think Wenger realises that soemthings are more important than football. How many managers would give their player 5 days off, if they are having a defensive crisis on the scale that Arsenal are having at the moment, I think ye could count on one hand how many Managers in the Premier League would. Wenger has shown in the past this side to him, when Adams, was suffering with his back, he gave the big man three weeks off, to recupperate, and Adams in his book appreciated this and respected Wenger for it afterwards.

Fair enough The Muppet. But I still think you're looking for trouble with both titles.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Fair enough The Muppet. But I still think you're looking for trouble with both titles.

You are entiled to your opinion but that is not the case. Sometime I really wonder about the contributers to this forum. I can understand why the name calling has to be stamped out but now you can't even have a bit of good old fashioned banter without the PC brigade getting offended.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    You are entiled to your opinion but that is not the case. Sometime I really wonder about the contributers to this forum. I can understand why the name calling has to be stamped out but now you can't even have a bit of good old fashioned banter without the PC brigade getting offended.
    Well in fairness, you're around here long enough to know what happens when people start having 'friendly banter'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Roddy23 wrote:
    [Wenger hasn't a clue where Sol is and doesn't seem to care! He is really leaving Sol out to dry here. /QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more with ye. While he mightn't know where Campbell is, I think Wenger realises that soemthings are more important than football. How many managers would give their player 5 days off, if they are having a defensive crisis on the scale that Arsenal are having at the moment, I think ye could count on one hand how many Managers in the Premier League would. Wenger has shown in the past this side to him, when Adams, was suffering with his back, he gave the big man three weeks off, to recupperate, and Adams in his book appreciated this and respected Wenger for it afterwards.

I see where you're coming from and that is certainly another valid point of view. I just think Wengers lack of forthcoming information on Sols circumstances is feeding the speculation - most of it negative.
    Quotes like the following do nothing but cause confusion and show Sol in a bad light:

"The situation is I haven't seen him since the game and that's it. We have to focus, of course, on tomorrow's game and there's not a lot else I can say," and
    "I dont know [when he will return]. I have not spoken to Sol since Wednesday night but we have to focus on what is important at the moment for the club.
    "We have a game to prepare for and we can only do that with players who are available and focused on the game. Sol, at the moment, cannot help us"

BaZmO* wrote:
    Well in fairness, you're around here long enough to know what happens when people start having 'friendly banter'

Banter with opposing fans is part and pacel of being a soccer supporter. Once it remains civil and in good taste I dont see it as an issue. In this instance we had users inventing meanings of my post that were never intended.

I have known of the rumours surronding certain players including Campbell for years. If I wanted to cause trouble as you say I could have done so long before now.

As I said all along the question I posed was a genuine one, The way it was put involed a little banter on my part . When some users took offence I changed the title to one suggested here which other users took offence to.

Whether he is gay, native american, Muslim or not is irrelevant he gets £80,000 a week to play football, he knows what he signed up too. He should not have left that ground until the match was over. If he has problems he gets time off like most people do but most people dont have to perform for a living or get a lot of money to do in the public spotlight.

And jesus lads it a thread title.....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

You're right. I'm a Spurs fan, and I'm only too happy to talk about Judas' career disappearing down the plughole. His performance on Wednesday night was comedy gold...

Oh yes indeedy, and we have waited for his overrated, agent-assisted ego to disappear up his own RSol. Pure mercenary who lied through his teeth for a year. No-one in the white half of North London will be the slightest bit sorry for him. Mercenary Judas.

Hopefully Hansen's destruction of him on MOTD should be enough for him to quit. Terry and King should be the English centre-halves for the WC, IMO, as the form players.

Hopefully he turns up in a couple of days and lies to Wenger and gets played again often enough to cost Arsenal more points and a Champions League place. Then the last class player at Arsenal, Henry, will leave. And will leave Arsenal with a massive problem - no revenue, no stars, no Euro football and a huge debt for a large stadium that no-one wants to go to. This could be the best season in London since 1991.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ive taken time off from work because of personal issues in the past. I think most people have at some point or another, Usually when it becomes apparent that its going to affect your work. Sometimes things happen in your life that you just cant avoid and your work suffers as a result. I think its pretty obvious that Sol has some pretty major issues going on in his life and i hope he gets through them and were not forced to watch one of the best defenders in the legue play like he has been playing in the last few months anymore.

As to the thread title debate - Muppet makes trolling comment SHOCKER! Wow, theres one for the scrapbooks eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

lol, someone really likes arsenal

i read in a paper today that campbell showered and left the stadium without a word to wenger and this forced wenger to subsequently bring on another player after HT. however, there were no quotes and given that noone here has mentioned it, im dubious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Sol Campbell rumours about him being gay are almost certainly rubbish. He already has a son and was recently going out with the singer Dido. The rumours started when he left Tottenham for Arsenal, spread about by bitter and disgruntled Spurs fans. The sad thing is that once something is repeated enough times it becomes fact in the minds of some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The Sol Campbell rumours about him being gay are almost certainly rubbish. He already has a son and was recently going out with the singer Dido.

Wow, imagine that. An allegedly gay man fathering a child and being seen in the company of women. Well I'll never...
    The rumours started when he left Tottenham for Arsenal, spread about by bitter and disgruntled Spurs fans.

For bitter and disgruntled read betrayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The Sol Campbell rumours about him being gay are almost certainly rubbish. He already has a son and was recently going out with the singer Dido. The rumours started when he left Tottenham for Arsenal, spread about by bitter and disgruntled Spurs fans. The sad thing is that once something is repeated enough times it becomes fact in the minds of some people.

i dont see how the fact he has a son and recently dated dido means he is almost certainly not gay?

anyways, its obviously something big and its had a major affect on his play, i dont think he should have left the stadium at half time, as someone pointed out earlier he is on £80,000 a week, now unless thats his personal issue, he should have more respect for his profession and colleagues. i doubt very much now he will go to the world cup, i for one hopes carragher gets his reward for being one of the best premiership defenders of the past few years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement