Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Craziness

• 02-02-2006 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,040 ✭✭✭✭

I have been with Eircom Broadband for the last 18 months.
    I decided I would switch to BT so I filled in the necessary forms and sent them off at the start of January.
    I waited a few weeks but heard nothing so I rang them up to see if they had received my order.
    I was initially told my order had been cancelled .
    Upon further questioning I was told that it was my old account with them ,closed over 2 years previously was the one that was cancelled.
    Fair enough.
    They had not received my forms at all for the new application.
    They said they would send me out a new DSL transfer form to complete.
    2 weeks had passed and still no sign of this form.
    I got up today to go on the internet and it wouldnt work .
    I checked all the connections and settings and it seemed fine.
    Around lunch time my postman called with a delivery; a modem from BT !
    I was getting very confused at this atage as I had received no letter at all from BT in relation to my application.
    What was going on.
    I rang Bt and was told my transfer was almost complete...
    What was going on.
    I spent about 2 hours on the phone trying to find out what had happened and why I couldnt access the web.
    I was passed from Sales to Customer Service to Tech support constantly.
    Eventually I met a very nice girl in Sales who setup a username and password for me and I was back online within 30 mins.
    They have sent me a modem I told them I dont need as I have a wireless router and a modem of my own I bought last year.
    I told them I didnt need the modem and I said I was told that if I supplied my own modem as I would not have to pay the connection fee.
    It was a crazy day for me spending hours on the phone trying to fix this mess.
    What a crazy company.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ahh, I wouldn't worry about it. They probably found the original form you sent in and processed the order. At least you were back online reasonably quickly to enjoy cheaper BB:).
    The "supply your own modem and don't pay the connection fee" deal only came into effect on Feb 1st so you wouldn't be able to avail of that as the order was processed in January.
    Look on the bright side. You now have a spare in case your own one goes tits up:D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and they never any took money off ya , I wonder who did pay for it :p ??

Advertisement