Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of your school?

• 02-02-2006 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the teaching/ social etc. aspects of their school? I'm in Pres Bray, which is generally seen as being a bunch of yahoos being caged in by crumbling walls and sagging ceilings. Which essentially it is, but I love the place :rolleyes: . We have a good year, pretty much everybody is sound, we all seem to get on very well, and the "administration" are excellent. Any thoughts on your own school? Is the craic go hiontach? Is it like an episode of Eastenders? Or just plain dull?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Miss...

Well the outside of the school looks like a cow shed.... but its pretty good...ta an craic go hiontach most days.....the teachers are pretty good although there are a few awl ****e ones that should have been fired years ago but sure what can ya do!?! ...ah yeah...i like my school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Daddio wrote:
    Just wondering what everyone thinks of the teaching/ social etc. aspects of their school? I'm in Pres Bray, which is generally seen as being a bunch of yahoos being caged in by crumbling walls and sagging ceilings. Which essentially it is, but I love the place :rolleyes: . We have a good year, pretty much everybody is sound, we all seem to get on very well, and the "administration" are excellent. Any thoughts on your own school? Is the craic go hiontach? Is it like an episode of Eastenders? Or just plain dull?
    Indeed most of the students are sound bar a few members of the student council(hehe), the teaching is of a pretty poor quality, my only two decent teachers are my maths and accountancy teachers. The rest are horrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

My school is really really old but they are upgrading the school next year(when i will be gone) with a €10m new building. But yeah the craic is always class. But the rules are stupid like there are two sets of toilets in our school and 5th & 6th years are not aloud in the main ones & have to go down to the small toilets because of ppl smocking in them. If you get found in the main ones you will get detention. Also tip-ex is banned in our school.

Also my german & english teachers should have never even taught about teaching for a career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Indeed most of the students are sound bar a few members of the student council(hehe)

Less of that now :D

Some of our teachers are absolutley mental - my Irish teacher for example. Any excuse for a good roar with her. IS everyone happy with the teachers they have for the Leaving? I think I was fairly lucky with most subjects. Art history could be a toughie though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Im in an Irish speaking school, theres only 80 of us but we share some classes with the Community College as its too small to be an independent school. The last 6 years have been mind blowing. Because theres only 12 of us in my whole year we are a really close class, and by far the most immature Leaving Certs the school has ever seen but we just like having childish fun..

The teachers are fantastic, the teachers go out of the way for their students and really do care for them. Grand facilites, and a nice homely atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

my school is good for education and **** but people are way to stressed out. Its the tute be the be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i love my school, cant wait to get out but i do love it-the people are great and we all get on great-strangely enough more now than in other years, youd think we'd be more stressed but we all jus enjoying it-itll be over soon enough.
    my teachers are pretty good for the mostpart, my art teacher focuses far too much on history-and very little on practical, french teacher cant speak french and my irish teacher jus gets us to summarise reading comprehensions instead of teaching but otherwise everyone else is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

tripper wrote:
    my school is good for education and **** but people are way to stressed out. Its the tute be the be

Tripper it aint that bad! I love my tuties! Except fekin everyone in der is ready to out do the other! I swear the competition in der its so high!!! I love the teachers - I get along with all of them except I hate J.O.D such a crap teacher for comparative!ugh!! other than dat Im happy!! Yeh ppl are stressed out but thats in every skool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Sounds like everyone's school is really the same! i love my school...the teachers are generally ok, except a few who are a bit psycho crazy and go mad if you whisper to someone to borrow a rubber!! Most people get on with each other too...and i must say that the prefects are the greatest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

HAHA, I think EVERYONE needs to take a trip to Rockbrook park school. One heck of a school*..

*I use the word school freely.

Its a pink house at the foot of the dublin mountains. It's got multiple fireplaces, a barn, and the odd time sheep graze next to the class. It's a savage school for like getting away with stuff, and the atmosphere is brilliant. No other school like it. I mean you can just talk to the teachers like they are your mates. They dont care what you say/do.. Not to say they dont teach, they do, some top notch teachers in rockbrook.

What other crazy things we got.. hmm.. A horse stable, Basement(office), There are all like paintings on the walls, old ones and stuff. Basically It's an old house on a manor. It's crazy you can see the whole of dublin, like Howth looks like an island from my school, or even a peninsula. I think it's well worth visiting ... :cool:

Ask me questions, cos something are prolly so normal to me now, but whacky to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

its an ok school....kinda small compared to others which is good but way too much emphasis on rugby

yak_kadafi wrote:
    its an ok school....kinda small compared to others which is good but way too much emphasis on rugby

no no.. not smaller than mine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Shrimp wrote:
    no no.. not smaller than mine..

lol go on....how many peeps in your school?
    approx 450 in mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

yak_kadafi wrote:
    lol go on....how many peeps in your school?
    approx 450 in mine

450 aint small ya looper

only 11 in my year.. bout 100 in the whole school. if even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

Shrimp wrote:

wow :eek: what county? there is about 999 students in my school :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

my school sucks serious balls, the building is FAR to small for the amount of students, not enough subject choices, and it smells funny. About 640-680 in my school. school was built for less then 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

did i say something irish grumpy?? my school's grand btw!

My school is in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Shrimp wrote:
    So in how many classes are you by yourself and what is the subject choice like? In a way it must be great. Btw is there any reason as to why its so small?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's in mayo ;)

joking.

Advertisement