Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tunes everyone knows- but dont know the name of

• 03-02-2006 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hey my fellow robots -

Please Help!

Id be very very interested in anyone who can name some songs which mostly everyone knows and recognises, but few people know the name of the song or artist.

They can be popular in clubs or tv shows or ads or radio etc, they might be just dance or electronic classics which many people simply dont know the name of the song....

Hope that makes sense!

Ill start with a couple if I may:

4 Hero - Les Fleur
    Dabrye - Hyped Up Plus Tax
    Aim - Coldwater Music
    DJ Food - Turtle Soup
    Dj Shadow - Blood On The Motorway
    I Monster - Daydream
    Baz Luhrmann- Everybody
    Kinobe - Make Yourself More Comfortable
    Mathar - Indian Vibes
    Nightmares On Wax - Les Nuits
    Moby - God Moving Over..
    Saint Etienne - Hes On The Phone

Thanks in adavance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i don't get this, usually you have a tune in your head and no artist/title, not the other way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sticky above for stuff like that very handy.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Dj Shadow - Building Steam with a Grain of Salt
    Dj Shadow - Stem
    Boards of Canada stuff....

I've heard a good few things electronic on Top Gear and the like. Its usually just some well known electronic group/guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

It would be a good idea to put the ad etc. beside the song ,as you just listed stuff and i'm still none the wiser even though i probably know most of them :)

scary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

It would be a good idea to put the ad etc. beside the song ,as you just listed stuff and i'm still none the wiser even though i probably know most of them

You DEFINATLY would recognise most of them.

4 Hero - Les Fleur [add for baileys, also a maltesers ad]

Dabrye - Hyped Up Plus Tax [an ad for a car or a t vor something- gr8 electro]

Aim - Coldwater Music
    *just one of those "trip hop" kinda songs that everyone goes - oh yeah that song

DJ Food - Turtle Soup
    *same as above

Dj Shadow - Blood On The Motorway
    *o2 ads

I Monster - Daydream
    *lots of ads, classic chill out tune "daydream, i fell asleep among the flowers, for a couple of hours, its a beautifull dayyyy"

Baz Luhrmann- Everybody
    *that song with the old man giving advice over a slow version of "Everybodys Free To Feel Good"

Kinobe - Make Yourself More Comfortable
    *was on an add for some exotic ice cream, also on almost every chill out compilation going.

Mathar - Indian Vibes
    *the difinitive sitar dance song

Nightmares On Wax - Les Nuits
    *chill out classic most people would recognise

Moby - God Moving Over..
    *on the heat soundtrack, on the new apple intel mac ad, classic

Saint Etienne - Hes On The Phone
    *One of those early 90s dance songs which is far too catchy and far too uplifting, anyone who used to listen to Sunset FM would know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Dj Shadow - Building Steam with a Grain of Salt
    Dj Shadow - Stem
    good call anima

Advertisement