Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TrackMania Nations - Free Complete online game + Starforce!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

You only use the direction keys on your keyboard.... and the delete button every 10 seconds. No issues with the controls at all.

These games are absolutly fantastic, hopefully this free version will attract more deserved attention to thier other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Excellent game - anyone figured out how to connect to Rev's server? I can't see any way to manually enter an ip address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The server appears in the list as Vroom vroom - www.iol.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

good stuff, i'll go have a look now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

I'm can only see Tig's sever under IRI and its password protected I can't find Vroom vroom?

• Advertisement

The server is under BEL you'll find it there.

Excellent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

finally won a game :D
    also found the server, uncheck hide full servers if you cant find it

I got on the Vroom vroom severs and there's some quick drivers there! I was happy enough with just finishing in the top 10 :D but in the excitement I rebooted the PC (don't ask) and now I keep getting "Bad Proxy Configuration" when trying to play online?

Anyone have any ideas what this is?

I'd say its at there end I'm getting it as well.

• Advertisement

Cheers,

I thought that maybe the problem as the ladders are up and down like a tarts nickers! :v:

I'll just have to keep trying....

UberNewb wrote:
    in the excitement I rebooted the PC

lmao

i was also getting that proxy thing, i thought it was because of my router. but i've been on fine since

anyone else always see the message 'you are not in official mode'?
    i always get that near the chat window, but i still have a points total

i'm around the 400th highest ranked italian :D

eyerer wrote:
    anyone else always see the message 'you are not in official mode'?
    i always get that near the chat window, but i still have a points total

i'm around the 400th highest ranked italian :D

Yeah I noticed that aswell!

I still can't get online! :(

I've gone down to 43rd in the Spainsh rankings my highest was 8th on Thursday! The spanish players aren't that good, lol:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

KdjaC wrote:
    Whats annoying is this is a free game why the fook does it need starforce. But there are loads of Demos that also have it.
    If it's in the full game, then it needs to be in this free version and demos aswell, otherwise the warez monkeys can compare the executables to make their no-cd cracks. Of course that doesn't actually stop them, but it makes it alot harder.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

<oops, double post>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

stevenmu wrote:
    If it's in the full game, then it needs to be in this free version and demos aswell, otherwise the warez monkeys can compare the executables to make their no-cd cracks. Of course that doesn't actually stop them, but it makes it alot harder.

And the full games use a cd key to play online a proven system that works but still they worry about the cd....../me shrugs.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Havent played this game yet (internet at home is down, posting from uni).

But on the topic of starforce, as for stopping noCD's (which its desgined for) its useless, its just as easy to work around as secuROM or any of the other methods, and whats worse is 1 method gets past ALL starforce games without fail, and no, you dont even have to unplug your CD rom's. As for it doing no damage, a guy in Australia who runs as series of net cafe's got a load of new games for his business, and it ended up doing hardware damage to nearly 1 in 8 PC's because some of the games had starforce, ended up causing several thousand pounds worth of damage, starforce paid for all damages and some compensation too post haste, if it truely didnt damage your PC, why would they just throw thousands of pounds at this guy? A link to the story was posted on this forum about 6months ago, if someone is willing to dig it up, its worth a read.

interesting, yeah....someone dig it out... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

the_syco wrote:
    I had to reinstall Windows XP 64bit.

What version Windows do you have?
    xp

does anyone know why i now get the message 'invalid key' when i try to login?

either their server is ****ed again or my account deleted...

• Advertisement
Advertisement