Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Amber light in the dash

Options
  • 03-02-2006 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me what the light on the dash is,it's the amber,engine with the electricty strike going thru it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Enginr Control Unit fault, got to go to a dealer, plug it in and find out what the fault is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

could it be the altinator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

What serves as the alternator light. If you don't know. I'd speculate it is your alternator light and you have a battery that is slowely going flat or being overcharged.
    If the alternator is some other light, which is not illuminated, then I'd speculate you have an electrical problem of some sort somewhere.

What does the Users manual tell you about this lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Check the manual... What kind of car is it?

Sounds like an engine management light, in which case it could be anything that's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ecu fault code, if it was the alternator a battery light lights up instead.
    try tightening the fuel cap and then removing the battery positive and leaving disconected overnight, reconnect in morning, that will probably be the end of it.

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    Check the manual... What kind of car is it?

Sounds like an engine management light, in which case it could be anything that's wrong.

Its an opel corsa,when i lock the power steering on it the lights dim,its very sluggish when starting too,i dont have a manual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

replace battery and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

MrSinn wrote:
    Its an opel corsa,when i lock the power steering on it the lights dim,its very sluggish when starting too,

Had the same probably constantly on a 97 corsa i owned,had to get engine sensors replaced a few times,aparently there prone to sensor probs

electric power steering on those corsas, battery problem alright, ECU light probably on due to current drop

I changed the battery today but the light is still on.
    I've also noticed that when i put my foot to the floor she starts to get very messy and chuck norris a bit but when i let my foot back off she starts to pick up

• Advertisement

Bring to a dealer and plug it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Last time I saw that on my Corsa it wouln't start !!. RAC took it to the local Opel dealership.
    The RAC guy said this is common on Corsa's and is a sensor failure (I was bricking that it would be something hugely expensive) and cheap to fix.
    He was right, picked it up later and was only about €40 euro, get it checked out, might be something simple!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement