Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB whats the altenative?

Options
  • 03-02-2006 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I've just had my electricity cut-off by the ESB for no good reason other than the fact that they are incompetent. Moved house in September of last year and all bill payments are up to date but they decided that they had no registered customer at my address. This is despite the fact that we informe them, TWICE, and they still came to disconnect us a month ago. Were it not for my wife being at home and showing the tech guy our correctly named & addressed bill, stamped as proof of payment, he would have cut us off. He apologised and told her the problem would be sorted. I come home tonight and we've no power - they did it again with no one at home. This would be bad enough without a six week old baby to care for. Their customer service was awful. On hold for ever, disinterested staff who informed us that it usually takes two days to process a reconnection and it didn't really bother them cause they were going home at eight. An engineer did actually reconnect us two hours later but he said that we were very lucky and it was only because we had a baby. Is there any competition? Are they worth dealing with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

That's appalling. Make an official complaint. Go to the regulator.

I've been looking for competitor's for ages and was only able to find one. Unfortunately it although the daily rate was 5% cheaper, they weren't able to offer nightsaver rates so it was pointless.

So much was competition in the energy sector.

Bord Gais were to offer electricity from last October but nothing seems to have happened yet.

Advertisement