Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random page refreshes (IE6/XP)

Options
  • 03-02-2006 1:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

About a week ago (or so) Boards.ie started getting into a page refresh loop when I hit certain pages, mostly threads but occasionally forums and less occasionally other pages. The page usually loads as far as the navbar area, then refreshes. Sometimes it'll load properly after a few refreshes, others it just keep going indefinitely.

I thought this might be corruption with my browser (I use an overlaid IE, Maxthon), but it appeared in the bog standard IE too. Tried cache clearing, cookie clearing, all the usual debugging. Firefox worked fine though, so I just used that when the problem occurred because I thought it might be an OS issue, and I was reinstalling soon anyway.

Now I've reinstalled and it's reappeared, so I'm pretty sure it's a vBulletin issue, and I'm pretty sure it's just Boards, because I haven't seen it on any other vBulletin boards.

Just FYI, hopefully someone else will confirm it so I know I'm not insane. Well, more insane.

Thanks,
    adam
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Any examples?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This thread is doing it for me now, and was earlier too. I've examined the source code, albeit cursorily, and I don't see anything obvious.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Works ok on vanilla IE for me tbh.
    Did it start to happen around the same time members.boards.ie went titsup?

I thought maybe I'd finally pushed the lads over the edge and been pushed into a Miserable Users group, but I don't think page refreshes are one of the punishments, and I haven't experienced any of the others. Perhaps it's something my dear buddy ecksy cooked up special for me. ;):D

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I don't think your that special :)

• Advertisement

Depends on your definition of "special" Asok. ;)

Advertisement