Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rincon Brazilian who plays for Man Utd...sort of

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We are chelseas bitches, can just see Molloy going for 10 million and Rovers demanding a cut!!!

That lad Rincon altho i cant find a pic of him, they guy hes named after is deadly but Columbian so i was wondering who the hell this brazialian lad is :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, he goes to Sporting Lisbon when he is 18, then 2 years there, then comes to United at 20.

The guy is a huge huge defender/midfielder(his positions isn't yet determined). He isn't at all Brazilian in style of play, a real hard man, Roy Keane eskque.. He was captain of Brazil u14's, 16's, and 17's afaik, and led them to a couple of victories. One of the hottest United prospects there is, and is part of the new golden generation in my mind, along with Pique, Rossi, Spector, McShane, Bardsely, Njeumer, Blakes and the best of the lot, Jones etc :)

I used to know more about him, but alas

Heres some info on him:
    The ex-captain of the Brazilian U-17 side was the maiden product, of the partnership agreement etched between Manchester United and São Paulo. The Red Devils sealed the move in 2003, much to the teenager's surprise; "I was on the beach when I was asked to report to the club, because Manchester United wanted me," he revealed. "I thought it was a joke but I'm accustomed to the idea now," added the powerfully built youngster.

The English giants initially agreed to allow Rincón, to continue his development at the renowned São Paulo youth academy, for three years. Twelve months short of this expiration period, United retracted on its decision, in order to accelerate the player's switch to Sporting Lisbon - one of the its principal feeder clubs. "It is best to give him the push in his career," commented United's academy chief, Les Kershaw, after São Paulo was instructed to release him.

Rincón – whose contract with the Old Trafford outfit is due to expire in 2010 (a two-year extension option was included) – will be registered as a Sporting Lisbon player for the start of the 2005/06 season, and is keen on making a swift first-team breakthrough at the José Alvalade Stadium. Although he is capable of operating in a number of positions, including central defence and midfield, the position that he has occupied with most frequency during his amateur career, is the left wing-back one.

Although he is keen to make an impact in the Portuguese SuperLiga, it's in Northern England that Rincón sees his long-term future. "I really like the English language and have been learning it for some time now. I have watched Manchester United on television many times and have seen Silvestre, Ferdinand, Van Nistelrooy and others. It's a good team but I want to make the first team there as soon as possible."

Rincó was so nicknamed, because of a physical resemblance to Colombian legend Freddy Rincón – ironically, a former star of São Paulo's state rivals, Corinthians. Tall and muscular, the youngster's brawn serves him well, but equally eye-catching, is his explosive speed and unflagging raids down the left flank. His position as captain of the Seleção's under-17 side, was reflective of his inspirational personality and the respect that he commands amongst his team-mates.

There is no doubt that Rincó is one of Brazilian football's best regarded emerging talents, and many experts believe he will go all the way. If his own expectancies are anything to go by, then he has a big future in football. In a testament to his incredible self-belief, the 18-year-old already has designs on Roberto Carlos' place in the full Brazilian National Team! "I want to defend Brazil in the World Cup in Germany. If I don't go in 2006, I will make the squad in one of the next ones," he confidently predicted.

I'm fairly sure that info is incorrect. I think he is at Sao Paulo until the end of this year. At which point, United will loan him to Sporting for two years, Sporting having one, if not the best, youth academy in the world, then United can get a work permit, and he'll come along.

Football Manager 2006 gives him a potential ability of 158 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_united#Players_out_on_loan

Someone linked that to me and where i seen his name.
    Quite a few players on loan.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

KdjaC wrote:

I don't have a picture of him but there was a clip in the linke below of him playing for Brazil in last summers milk cup. I,m not sure the footage is still there but if it is he is the number 4.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/media...bram=1&bbram=1

• Advertisement
Advertisement