Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless alarm advice needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Neil, I dont claim to be an expert on wireless alarms, this was proven here before when i was shot down by experts for putting forward a crappy web site.
    I am however in the contracting business and have learned a little about these systems since.
    What you need to make sure is that your system has a supervisory loop and anti jamming technology, this will prevent some of the bits and pieces from being removed without your knowledge i.e they know where they are, and also they resist jamming, many of the cheapo systems can be jammed easily.

A good system is the Aritech CS2512 it was recommended to me by two independant installers, the only complaint was the small delay that a PIR takes when walk testing to kick back into action, but that is an installation complaint and not a running issue.

I've had a quick look at that PDF and it seems that this system has a supervisory loop and encrypted sugnals

Advertisement