Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal's Defense

• 03-02-2006 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

We are so screwed for the next couple of weeks!! We have no defense, Lauren could be gone for the rest of the season, Toure and Eboue are at the African Cup of Nations and well Campbell may aswell be at home as playing of late!! Kerrea Gilbert is injured aswell so it looks like its going to be Flamini or Gilberto at right back...

With Ashley Cole, Pascal Cygan and Gael Clichy injured we are up the creek and we dont even have a boat let alone a paddle!! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i wonder if its possible to recall players from an active tournement such as the african nations given the current problems arsenal are having.

cambell was never the fastest, but he was slower than sami hyypia the other nite. oh well, looks like arsenal are screwed this year, not getting at least 4th place would be unimaginable for them.

as a liverpool fan though its great to see arsenal and united so screwed :D welcome to rebuildingville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead for one shall be putting Arsenals opponents Birmingham in all his weekend accumulators. Really is a mini crisis for Arsenal at the moment.And as well as the injuries poor old Senderos has been having a nightmare for the last few games.Watch the brummies bring home the bacon this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Pighead for one shall be putting Arsenals opponents Birmingham in all his weekend accumulators. Really is a mini crisis for Arsenal at the moment.And as well as the injuries poor old Senderos has been having a nightmare for the last few games.Watch the brummies bring home the bacon this Saturday.

el rabitos will be betting against arsenal in any away game they play against a decent team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Does no one else find it incredible that a fully fit Sol Campbell will not travel to the Birmingham game despite Arsenal enduring a defensive crisis? Publicly Wenger refused to condemn Campbell for his walkout, but it is blatantly obvious that privately they are at war. Campbell didn't train after the West Ham game. He was 'given the day off' and now he's not even in the squad. In Arsenals time of need he is really letting them down. You'd think being a professional he would insist on being in the squad to help out no matter how poorly he is performing. I know my over riding desire would be to prove people wrong and repay the Arsenal fans for walking out by putting in as good a performance as possible. Of all Arsenals players Campbell would be the last one I would expect to behave like this.

Edit: I just saw other thread. Didn't realise there was already a discussion on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I think after the Birmingham game, we could be starting to see more players coming back from injury. I have heard that Clichy should be back, as he was supposed to have been in the stands watching the West Ham game.
    Also heard a crazy rumour this morning, that Martin Keown could be about to make a "hulkster" comeback. I'd laugh at the idea, but he has been training with the team, and hes only 39. Not too old when ye see Romario banging them in and hes 40.

Does anybody know what happened to Ashley Cole, thought I heard that he never warmed up properly for his comeback game, and thats why he is out. If Lauren is out for the rest of the season, its gonna be a catastrophic blow as I think he has probably been our most consistent defender of the last few years, maybe with the exception of Ashley Cole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If we can't beat the likes of Birmingham (no dispect to B'fans), we shouldn't even think about the Champions League next year.
    Campbell will be back if we have no others fit and available.
    As far as I know, Keown couldn't play as he doesn't have a squad number?
    Sod it let's get Adams, Winterburn, Dixon, Seaman and O'Leary back and it will be just like the "good old days" :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Does anybody know if it is possible to recall Justin Hoyte from Sunderland? I mean is there something in the loan contract that says that's not possible? Would be fairly stupid on Arsenal's behalf is there was. You should always leave yourself open to recall a player in an emergency such at this one.There's been no mention of it whatsoever so I'm guessing it's not possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

breaking news on sky sports is that Lauren is out for the season. getting worse for the gunners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Does anybody know if it is possible to recall Justin Hoyte from Sunderland? I mean is there something in the loan contract that says that's not possible? Would be fairly stupid on Arsenal's behalf is there was. You should always leave yourself open to recall a player in an emergency such at this one.There's been no mention of it whatsoever so I'm guessing it's not possible.

Clubs almost always have that clause in a loan deal.

Advertisement