Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P60 Question

Options
  • 03-02-2006 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Left my company before the new year.

Rang them to see if my p60 had arrived.

They said no, mine was the only one that had not arrived.

Was my last registered company of the year.

What the hell do I do??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

its your P45 you need and they are legally obliged to give it to you, get on to your local tax office and tell them that you are having difficulty getting it from your employer, they will sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

I have my p45, I need p60 to claim tax back, are the company legally obliged to give this to me??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

You only get a P60 if you were employed by them on Dec 31st last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Let me get this straight...

The Revenue Commissioners print a P60 and post it to your employer.
    Your employer then hands it to you a few days later

My employer is very slow.

Why don't the rev com just send it to you directly?
    ah never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

From Revenue.ie
    At the end of each tax year employers are obliged to issue to each of their employees a P60 Certificate for the previous tax year. The P60 certificate should give relevant details in relation to each employee which includes name, address, revenue and social insurance (RSI) number, earnings, tax and social insurance deducted as well as the employer's name and registered number.

Your employer (and not revenue) prints the P60. Only employees who are employed on 31st December get a P60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

What i think you do is when you get a new job, have them print you a P60 when all your details are sorted. They will get all the records from revenue when they process your P45 afaik

If im wrong then i have no idea what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

As far as I know also, you will not get a P60 from your old employer. You have your P45 plus your P60 from your new job. Both are completed by your employers, not the revenue. You will probably need both documents if you want to claim back tax etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

You can use your P45 to claim your tax back. I've done this before where I left a job in November and didn't have a new one until January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jap

Hi there, This has nothing to do with the P60 but does anyone have advise on tax that you pay on investment property's, i've recently purchased a rented property and just need a bit of advise from an accountant about what tax implications are involved

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I used to do accounts etc.

The employer prints your P60. It is just a summary of your pay and tax for the year.

If you contact the account person in your old job they can easily (but be warned, accounts people can be lazy...) print out how much you earned and how much tax you paid. If they're nice they'll post it out to you.

On a side note, I've claimed back tax without a P60. Just include as much information as possible. Obviously getting the print out will greatly your chances of getting cash back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

You can also wait until later in the year when all of the companies returns have been filed with revenue to claim tax back, you won't need a P60, it can all be done over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

dublindude wrote:
    I used to do accounts etc.

The employer prints your P60. It is just a summary of your pay and tax for the year.

If you contact the account person in your old job they can easily (but be warned, accounts people can be lazy...) print out how much you earned and how much tax you paid. If they're nice they'll post it out to you.

On a side note, I've claimed back tax without a P60. Just include as much information as possible. Obviously getting the print out will greatly your chances of getting cash back.

He already has this, ie his P45. This is as useful as his P60 when claiming back tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

a P45 contains the details of tax you have paid until your last working day.
    a P60 contains the same details but up to the last day of the year if you are still in employment at that date
    if you are not working on the 31st of Dec then no matter what you do you will not recieve any P60 but without it you can use you P45 to claim tax back etc

Advertisement