Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions league questions

• 03-02-2006 8:32am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Myself and one of my mates were chatting this morning. We're wondering how many games (out of how many?) a footballer has to play to be eligible for a champions league medal should they win the cup?

While I'm at it, does Roy Keane have one (as he missed the final through suspension, I'm pretty sure he does but...)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

i stand corrected but i think for cup competitions the club is given an amount say 22 or whatever and they give them out as they see fit

and i am pretty sure keane and scholes were presented with medals - i seem to remember them 2 in suits with medals at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think 22 medals are given, after last years champs league final, there were a number of liverpool players who played a part but did not get winners medials, the story goes that Pellagrino went into Milans dressing room and collected some silver medals that the players had left in disgust and give them to the likes of Darren Potter etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

zabbo wrote:
    the story goes that Pellagrino went into Milans dressing room and collected some silver medals that the players had left in disgust and give them to the likes of Darren Potter etc.

Southampton player in CL medal shock horror! (Be it gold, silver or chocolate!)

To the OP, all I can find on the issue is this quote from Neil Mellor:
    "I have a winners' medal from the 2003 final which Gerard Houllier gave to me because I scored in the semi-final against Sheffield United and last season in Istanbul we were told that there were 25 Champions' League medals available, but I missed out."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The squad named in the second phase gets the medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Surely it wouldnt kill uefa to make sure a player didnt miss out on a medal, what a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Sparks400 wrote:
    While I'm at it, does Roy Keane have one (as he missed the final through suspension, I'm pretty sure he does but...)?

Thanks in advance.
    I think he does, but I don't think he thinks much of it seeing as he feels he didn't play in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I always thought that Mellor got one, and am annoyed that he didnt. Were it not for him coming on, scoring and setting up Gerrard against Oylmpiakos, we would'nt have got out of the group

Advertisement