Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem

• 03-02-2006 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hey! I love my gf so much and we are ready for the next step. We have tried on many occasions but everytime I go to put the condom on I go down if you know what I mean. Please help it's really upsetting me:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i found i used to get that so i changed brand (started using mates) and they have a bit more room to move around in so they are not as restrictive...also the elastic maybe cutting of someblood so make sureu are 100% erect before putting the condom on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Could be anxiety or fear that you'll be crap. The only advice i can give you is to chill out. Try and relax and not think too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Your stressing to much, seeing the act of putting on the condom as the last barrier before the big deed, and when that barrier is gone your becoming overwhelmed by the perceived size of the act itself.

Here's on for you, next time your getting hot and heavy and become a little exceited, nip off to the bathroom real quick and pop on the condom. Get back in there and keep it going, that way all you need to do is strip down and your ready to rumble, that final barrier has already been taken care of and is now a non issue.

And no offence, but if your having this much trouble with it i assume you are relatively inexperienced. As such you should be in a position to put on the condom before you get your kit off, if you know what i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭migz4caz

Ok well thanks for the advice. It's just very irritating because this has happened on several occasions and it has destroyed my confidence. I am a virgin. Please help

its goes away mate trust me...there millions of people suffering with this and much worse its just anxiety u will become more comfortable...try using a condom when your alone and experiment with what works and what doesn't

• Advertisement

jcoote wrote:
    its goes away mate trust me...there millions of people suffering with this and much worse its just anxiety u will become more comfortable...try using a condom when your alone and experiment with what works and what doesn't

I have already practised many times but when it comes to the actual time my erection goes away. I never have any problems with oral sex. Just the main thing. Why can't I stay up? I need sex tips please. Do I need to get my gf open more?

do u go down before it goes in or while in there????

its not sex tips u need its to relax and try to enjoy it

It's when I'm in the process of putting it on. Do I need to do anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Practice putting it on when you are on your own to get the practice in so when the time comes it doesn't seem like such a massive deal. Fair play for being responsible too. You'll be fine, Enjoy ;)

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Practice putting it on when you are on your own to get the practice in so when the time comes it doesn't seem like such a massive deal. Fair play for being responsible too. You'll be fine, Enjoy ;)

I have practiced many times. I love my girlfriend very much. I want to commit to her. We want to prove our love to eachother but I always fail her. I'm grand at first but then it comes to putting it on and I go down...unfortunately :(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

get your GF to put it on for you

tirl wrote:
    get your GF to put it on for you

Are you sure that will work though? Do I have to do anything to her in order for my penis to go in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

migz4caz wrote:
    I love my girlfriend very much. I want to commit to her. We want to prove our love to eachother but I always fail her.
    and you think a shag will 'prove' your love? i think your over emphasising the significance of the event. sure its special and 'magical' but if you require sex to prove that you love eachother, you have deeper seeded problems than a flaccid member.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ferdi wrote:
    and you think a shag will 'prove' your love? i think your over emphasising the significance of the event. sure its special and 'magical' but if you require sex to prove that you love eachother, you have deeper seeded problems than a flaccid member.

I'm not saying we need to because we both know we love eachother. I just want my first time to be with her and she wants the same. I love her and we both want this but I always fail.

eh, you dont need help. you just need to stop thinking of sex as this major pressurising event that will make or break your relationship - its not. relax. its meant to be fun.

ferdi wrote:
    eh, you dont need help. you just need to stop thinking of sex as this major pressurising event that will make or break your relationship - its not. relax. its meant to be fun.

I want it to be fun but it's not when my erection goes away. I think there's something wrong with me

migz4caz wrote:
    I think there's something wrong with me
    it seems to me thats what you want to believe.

what are the options?

1) you have a physical difficulty maintaining an erection.
    2) you have a pychological difficulty maintaining an erection.

can you take care of yourself, if ye get me? if so, its not physical.

so its mental.
    cause? options:

1) you're nervous due to blowing this out of all proportions
    2) you dont actually love/fancy your girlfriend
    3) you're gay.

only you can rule out options 2 and 3 and if you can do so, only one option remains.

FERDI SAYS RELAX

ferdi wrote:
    it seems to me thats what you want to believe.

what are the options?

1) you have a physical difficulty maintaining an erection.
    2) you have a pychological difficulty maintaining an erection.

can you take care of yourself, if ye get me? if so, its not physical.

so its mental.
    cause? options:

1) you're nervous due to blowing this out of all proportions
    2) you dont actually love/fancy your girlfriend
    3) you're gay.

only you can rule out options 2 and 3 and if you can do so, only one option remains.

FERDI SAYS RELAX

Well I definetley rule out options 2 and 3 so maybe it is nerves. I definetley can take care of myself with no difficulty whatsoever. Is this common? How can I get over it?

do whatever it takes to relax, have a bath, a drink, a toke...whatever. stop making an 'event' out of it. just have a laugh, take your tme and let it happen naturally. get your girlfriend to put it on for you for that extra sexy feeling.

• Advertisement

ferdi wrote:
    do whatever it takes to relax, have a bath, a drink, a toke...whatever. stop making an 'event' out of it. just have a laugh, take your tme and let it happen naturally. get your girlfriend to put it on for you for that extra sexy feeling.

Ok thanks so much for your help. It's nice to know I'm not a total freak. Is it ok to be drunk though? Isn't it risky?

dont get drunk, 1 or 2 will help you loosen up. and make sure she is drinking too. nothing less sexy than a tipsy youth trying to climb aboard when your sober as a judge....take mey word for it

ferdi wrote:
    dont get drunk, 1 or 2 will help you loosen up. and make sure she is drinking too. nothing less sexy than a tipsy youth trying to climb aboard when your sober as a judge....take mey word for it

Yeah that sounds sensible. So any other tips? I haven't a clue what I'm doing as you have probably already noticed

believe me, i'm not the one you want to be asking....i'll let someone else take over from here

ferdi wrote:
    believe me, i'm not the one you want to be asking....i'll let someone else take over from here

Ok well thanks anyway for all your help. I'm hoping there's someone else out there who is willing to help me. I'm inexperienced in the sex department and I'm looking for tips. Please I'm worried :confused::(:confused:

how old are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The fact is that putting on a condom isn't very sexy. It's at best a bit fiddly and loss of erection at that point is very common.

Get her to help you, a little lick to get the erection to a peak and then rubbing the shaft while you get the fiddliest bit of putting the condom over the head done.

If you find talking dirty, being talked dirty to, looking at her in a particular state of attire, or anything else you can engage in at the same time as putting on a condom to be arousing, then do that too.

Ok thanks very much. By the way I'm 18 years old. I'm ready for the whole experience. I just don't know what I'm doing and when I try....I fail

what other help are u looking for man????

(better to discuss this here thani n the feedback forum)

• Advertisement

Just about how to go about it and do I have to do anything to her?

no once shes wet and willing she's all set...if she is making u uncomfortable or vice versa have a chat about it...maybe foreplay til your dying for it is the answer???

How do I make her wet? Doesn't she have to be open a certain amount?

migz4caz wrote:
    How do I make her wet? Doesn't she have to be open a certain amount?
    You said earlier "I never have any problems with oral sex." surely you noticed her getting wet when you were going down on her.

More generally though, whatever it is that she's into.

Yeah well I have noticed that but will I definetley fit? Do I have to do something?

well in general kissin and touchin would suffice to get the moisture flowing butif u went down on her thats gonna increase pleasure...if all else fails get some lube

• Advertisement

Ok thanks a million........Do you think I'm ready to go?

yeah courseu are go for it...its the best craic in the world when u get goin...relax and enjoy!!!

Ok I will. Thanks for everything. I feel alot better that there isn't something wrong with me.

Thank You

:):):):):):):)

migz4caz wrote:
    Yeah well I have noticed that but will I definetley fit? Do I have to do something?
    Unless she has vaginisimus or you have a 3 foot wang, yes.
    migz4caz wrote:
    Do you think I'm ready to go?
    Being neither you nor your girlfriend I couldn't possibly say.

Don't worry too much about it. Do things that you both enjoy. Stop thinking of penetration as the "main thing" - unless you're planning to have a child it's better to think of it as just part of your repetoir - and take pleasure exploring each others bodies and desires.

There won't be a pop-quiz afterwards.

Lol....Yeah I suppose your right. I'm just very worried about this because it has been going on a few months now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

migz4caz wrote:
    Lol....Yeah I suppose your right. I'm just very worried about this because it has been going on a few months now.

Aw. Thing is, it may be a case of

"WHAT DO WE WANT?" "SEX!!!!!!"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?" "NOWWWWWWWW!!"

Try not to put so much pressure on yourself. If every heavy petting session manifests itself into a "failed" sex session that's not going to do you any favours, now is it? Why don't you forget about the ultimate goal for now, RELAX, enjoy each other's bodies, do everything but the big deed and it should happen naturally for you guys when the time is right. ;)

how long are you with your gf

I'm with her 11 months now

and what does she have to say about all this, you have discussed it?

She has been really nice about the whole thing. She proposed we keep trying and this problem may eventually go away

relax and don't refer to it as a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

jcoote wrote:
    maybe foreplay til your dying for it is the answer???
    WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.
    If he does that hell bust a nut after all of 3 seconds. Happened to a friend of mine on his first time. (my 'friend', isnt me btw im not lying, my first time was far, far worse than just premature innoculation).

Man you just need to relax. Have like 2 beers, youll be mellow, and maybe lose a little bit of your inhibitions, both of you, that is. Dont get drunk however, big mistake. Start fooling around, when she gives you the nod that shes ready to do it, get her to put it on for you and guide you inside her. Simple as.

Ok thanks a million. So what happened to your friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

Basiaclly, for some stupid reason, as his gf was giving him some hand relief, he was about to climax and decided 'now would be a great time for my first ever bit of sex', so he entered her, and came pretty much as soon as he did. And that was him spent. Magical, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Appoligies if it's already been stated, but I'm in a bit of a rush and had to breeze through the posts.

It's seems like you prob is actually getting the condom on and yes it's hard to do for the first while. You've gone through the whole romantic flirting, kissing, cuddleing, made it to the bed played around; at this stage you are feeling great and "ready for action". You roll over to the side of the bed, fumble around in the dark and eventually find those condoms that seemed to have moved by themselves, you got to tear at the packaging while been careful not to rip it, finally you get it out, then you got to unroll it abit, and get it on your penis (if you are lucky your eyes are adjustign to the light at this stage). Now that sound like alot of hassle not to mention the fact that you are already nervous that you won't impress your girlfriend enough. Now thats enough to make you lose your erection.

What I did, was I practiced putting them on at home by myself until it was no problem. Try it, it should help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement