Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten wanted in S/W Dublin

Options
  • 03-02-2006 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a male or female kitten for a friend in the Tallaght area. Anyone with information please PM me.

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

If you can wait a bit, the cat breeding season is right about now so in a few months there'll be kittens everywhere. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That's what I was thinking. I don't condone cats breeding but they do make good pets. I'll tell him to wait a while.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's a pet-shop in Tallaght village -- across from Paddy Powers, beside the Leisureplex.

As well as that, there's 2 vets in the area -- one across from the Priory, and one around Glenview area -- on the road as you're heading from Tallaght village to the turn into Balrothery. It's kinda discreet, just looks like a house but with a sign outside, so keep an eye out.

I'm sure one of those will be able to help you :) We actually got our cat from the vets at the Priory I think. It was about 4 or 5 months ago, so the litter is probably gone, but I'm sure there's more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Hey,
    Try the ISPCA website, they always have kittens that need to be re-homed. Some found abandoned at just a few days old. Most are ready to be taken at about 8 weeks. Thats where I got my 2 kittens!! Its nice to rescue an animal, makes you feel good!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

To avoid possible behavioural problems don't adopt a single kitten unless it is 12 weeks or older.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Yeah a pair of kittens from the same litter is much better than adopting just one.

Why?
    -When a kitten is rehomed, it is going to be frightened at first because everything is different. It has spent the first 8 weeks of its life cuddled up with its mother and brothers and sisters so finding itself alone with strange people, in a house it doesn't know can be very upsetting. Having its brother or sister there will help it settle in much easier.

-Two kittens are usually less work than one because they will play together. Kittens have endless energy, keeping a single kitten amused is no easy task!

-Cats that have been brought up with other cats are generally more sociable towards other cats than a lone cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

kittenadoption.ie

kitten season is not yet upon us but will soon be & Kitten Adoption will have plenty of kittens looking for homes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

DaveMcG wrote:
    As well as that, there's 2 vets in the area -- one across from the Priory, and one around Glenview area -- on the road as you're heading from Tallaght village to the turn into Balrothery. !
    thanks for telling us about the vets never thought of it.
    i am now the proud owner of a one eyed kitten called blinky.
    and my mother got a 2 year old cat . the same day from the vet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

"Blinky" LOL, class.

Any pics ? We have a 3-legged cat back in Belfast, she must be 15 yrs old now, and she recently went completely blind. Still active though.

There was a forum on yahoogroups call "handicats" all about handicapped cats (I found it from http://www.messybeast.com/catarchive.htm) but it got hacked a while ago and some idiot filled the calendar with spam that generated reminders three times a day, everyday - it killed off that forum unfortunately.

Good luck with Blinky !

Advertisement