Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Have ya's no homes to go ta?!"

Options
  • 03-02-2006 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Recently myself and the misses got new Apt in the Woodquay area of town...

Nice place and we're very happy with it.....

Except for one annoyance...

PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON ROARING, SHOUTING, GOBBIN', THROWING ABOUT BINS AND TAKE-AWAY AND ACTING THE MAGGOT, UP AND DOWN THE BACK STREETS AT ALL HOURS OF THE F**IN' DAY AND NIGHT!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I've had it up to here with the lot of them!

Now before I get ridiculed for saying this I'd like to point out....

They are not 'out-of-towner's' they all live on the Street.

Yes, I know Galway is a largely Student residential area and I should expect this (apparently!)

Yes I know they have a right to do what they want...

But my side of it is... I pay a lot of money to live where I do, it is a very small, single street, totally residential area (with quite an amount of Older generation residense and families) and I don't find the need to shout at "yer boy!" who's across the road from you, at anyhour between 10:30 and 3am (!)

I don't see the point in any of these folks (guys and girls) running in and out of their houses, chasing each other like they're f**in' 8years old and screaming "your it" (Grow the f**k up!)

Anyway, I could go on...:(

Discuss....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

1. Purchase Air Rifle

2. Load

3. Take aim

4. Get a good night's sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Strange... that's quite close to my Dad's idea of a solution...;) :p

I did think of lobbing my 'forgotten to put back into the fridge, half eaten tub of Salsa' at them last night, but then I noticed one of them kicking the **** out of a car across the street and decided against it... (I like my windows!:rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I like the air rifle solution...

half_dead - I'm with you on that one, massively annoyed by loud drunken kids (and adults who act like kids) - and it's only February - wait til it gets warmer, it gets worse...

My only consolation is that these people will get older at some point, and hopefully will have a job to go to early in the morning, and MY kids will be screaming and shouting drunk in front of their houses then...it's karma...what goes around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Joey Shabadoo

I've been in a few gaffs in Woodquay, you'd need triple glazing to get a good nights sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Maybe they're from Mayo..
    Most of those ones seem to enjoy just screaming and roaring about nothing..
    (and i mean nothing..screaming/shouting contest?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I see there's no cops in Galway just the same as everywhere else so.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

SyxPak wrote:
    1. Purchase Air Rifle

2. Load

3. Take aim

4. Get a good night's sleep

Almost my solution, replace air rifle with paintball gun :)

The other option is to get up,put the kettle on. open window and throw contents of kettle on heads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Call the garda.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Asok wrote:
    Call the garda.
    You used to be cool Asok, you used to be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I lived in the city center for about 2 months and quickly left the house and moved out to Oceanwave in Salthill. In those 2 months I barely got a straight nights sleep, its a bloody nightmare. There is nothing you can do, except call the guards (I feel old and dirty) and dont bother saying to them its people making noise, say its a huge fight and they will be there in 2 mins.
    If its people in your street, then you should approach them bright and early the next day and ruin their hangover lie-in.

Or move to a nice quite estate a bit more out of town......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Chewbacca [14-12-2007]

Asok wrote:
    Call the garda.

which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

well, calling the guards doesn't really help - cause by the time they get there (if they get there...), the loud drunk idiots have usually moved on to bother other people further down the road...And shouting at those idiots usually does not help either, it just spurs them on...What pisses me off most is those idiots who find it funny to tamper with cars (kicking mirrors and stealing aerials...seriously...)

Ocean Wave is a nice, quiet spot (lived there a year ago or so - nice place!)

Whatever happened to common courtesy though, I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I used live on Mainguard St. (over the Pound Shop) and had to leave because of the noise. Anyone remember that cnut of a bagpipe player? I nearly cut his nutsack off with a breadknife I was so annoyed. I had my car roof stoved in and a guy was stabbed on the boot of my car, covering it in blood. Any city centre is going to be noisy, but Galway takes it up to eleven.

I now live in a lane off the N17 and I can't hear a damn thing. I recommend it.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 foxy cleopatra

I now live in a lane off the N17 and I can't hear a damn thing. I recommend it.

'cptr

you do know there is a homeless shelter in Galway! It must be freezing during the night, especially last week!

Lived in a flat across from Sally longs for about 2 or 3 months a few years ago, and it turned me into an insomniac! Just moved back into the city this week in a nice cosy house in mervue and I have to say its so quiet bar the few knackers that hang around outside the shops at night, but you'll get over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Hhhhmmm... paintball guns, huh?!;)

Ya know, my Stag is in 2weeks time... maybe instead of going off and getting locked with the lads we could acquire some balaclava's from the army store on Shop St. and run up and down Woodquay with paint guns blastin' all the noisey little buggers to kingdom come!!! MUAHAHAHAHAAA......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Half-Dead; paintball guns available in Maplin!

Interceptor; one of my friends lived in those apartments on Maingaurd Street, too. I remember one night he threw a bucket of water out on top of some of the buskers 'cause he hadn't slept in about 3 weeks!

I'm up in Shantalla, and it's all nice and peaceful, and only a few minutes walk into town if you want a couple of pints!!!

As for Gardai in Galway - they don't have enough of them to cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

mass suicide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

SyxPak wrote:
    mass suicide

Shouldn't that be genocide??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Water balloons

Advertisement