Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drying time for concerete floors before laying wood

Options
  • 03-02-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Trying to plan our house move and wondering what the recommendations are for the time a concrete floor will need to dry out before laying a solid wooden floor? Not using ufh and sub floor will be down 3 months before the 4" finished floor. I've been told 6 months from finished floor is not unreasonable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

towbar wrote:
    Trying to plan our house move and wondering what the recommendations are for the time a concrete floor will need to dry out before laying a solid wooden floor? Not using ufh and sub floor will be down 3 months before the 4" finished floor. I've been told 6 months from finished floor is not unreasonable?

6 months is the usual answer... but it depends on if the house is heated or if a dehumidifier is used..

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Thnaks for response - how much can I shorten it if heating is on and dehumidifier is used?
    I had hoped to put in floors before we moved in as it is so much easier but 3 months is about the max we can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

My slab went down in September and it has only just started to dry now that the UFH is on a week.
    I would say that realistically it would take at least 6 months in a dry climate to dry properly, in an Irish winter.....

Advertisement