Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 4th - Dolans whipping boy

Options
  • 03-02-2006 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up for anyone interested...
    :D
    just saw it on their website

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

Whipping Boy! Now there's a blast from the past! I saw them loads of times in te Theatre Royal when I was first allowed to go to gigs...memories....
    Other noteworthy bands of the day were Revelino and Big Bag 'O Sticks. I thought they sucked at the time and then I heard them years later and they sounded like New Model Army! (i.e. good, in my book)

But yeah, Whipping Boy. I don't know if I'd go unless I was going with people who actually liked them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

I saw them in Dublin In December,they where good, not the same as the
    they where,but still good and in Limerick city,makes it all the sweeter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

well it'll beat another trip to the Sin Bin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

when we were young nobody died, and nobody got older, and the toughest kid in the class, could always be bought over...

Yeah I'll be there alright.

Complete Stone Roses are playing on Paddy's Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

direbadger wrote:
    Whipping Boy! Now there's a blast from the past! I saw them loads sucked at the time and then I heard them years later and they sounded like New Model Army! (i.e. good, in my book)

Fantastic when New Model Army came to Dolans. Hopefully they
    will come again. Excellent live.

~B
    http://bullets.gothic.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Saw them in the savoy in cork back in december and they were rocking, Fergal burnt a copy of the sun on stage, the mad bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Will definitely be at this. Legends! I did hear mixed views on their last few performance's though.

On another thought, I have to get myself a copy of heartworm again (lost mine ages ago) anyone know where it can be gotten?

bobmeaney wrote:
    Will definitely be at this. Legends! I did hear mixed views on their last few performance's though.

On another thought, I have to get myself a copy of heartworm again (lost mine ages ago) anyone know where it can be gotten?

I picked up heartworm for e8 in hmv in cork, I'd say they have it in town. Good album too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Went to the gig last night. It was great to see WB play live (having been a fan for the last 12 years at least). They played about 15 songs (across their 3 albums) and a few new tracks. I wasn't mad about their new tracks, but it was great to hear the old familar stuff live. The band were great, and Feargal had good stage presence, but he can't sing for sh*t. :)

Oh, and Jinx Lennon (one of the support acts) was lucky to escape alive. He was worse than bloody awful, his female companion started insulting Limerick (in the foulest way possible), and the booing got louder between each song. A glass was thrown at one of the rafters above the stage, shattered, and sprayed the stage with glass. A guy standing in front of the stage got cut. The crowd were getting very hostile....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭moby2101

have to agree with you TMB,
    Musically the band were superb, but it was sad to see Feargal in that state, he looks like he's ready to assume Shane Mc Gowans role...so overweight completly pissed couldnt sing a note to save his life.
    that suport act were bizzare, I'm surprised they got out alive, the insults about Limerick were pretty bad. I remember when the lead singer of Sultans of Ping FC had his nose broken way back in the Theatre Royal in Limerick for a crude remark about Limerick.
    Whipping Boy should have never reformed, they'll tarnish the memories, that they were once a rocking decent band.

• Advertisement

What did they say about limerick? Must have been pretty offensive to provoke a responce like that.

Did god is astronaut play support aswell?

Feargal wasn't that bad when I saw them and had great stage presence, still he did talk a lot of ****e and act the micky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Was at both the Cork and Limerick gigs and the crowd at the Limerick gig were the worst, least interested crowd I've seen in long time. Didn't think Jinx Lennon was that bad, as Fergal said, evey man has a voice and should be allowed to have it. His female guest vocalist was a fool to start slagging Limerick, but that's still no reason to throw a glass at them.
    Fergal's voice can't reach the notes anymore but he still has great stage presence, and the band were great, shame the crowd weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Anyone gonna let us know what the Insults about Limerick were ?
    Just curious.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

moby2101 wrote:
    I remember when the lead singer of Sultans of Ping FC had his nose broken way back in the Theatre Royal in Limerick for a crude remark about Limerick.
    Whipping Boy should have never reformed, they'll tarnish the memories, that they were once a rocking decent band.

This is so true,the memories of Whipping boy are gone down the plug hole! The Sultans getting attacked is a legend!supposedly the bouncers gave the fella who started lashing a lift up on stage! I saw Whipping boy in Dub which was great as God is an astronaut played also,Both support bands in Lk where pretty bad,at least Fergal "Sang" better than he did at Cork or Dub,but I think he has lost the ability!anyone planing to see the "Dundalk funk" when they play the boat club?some one should phone ahead and ask for only plastic cups to be handed out with the booze!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

bullets.ie wrote:
    Anyone gonna let us know what the Insults about Limerick were ?
    Just curious.
    Jinx Lennons backup singer started shouting "f**k Limerick, f**k you all, you're a shower of f**kers etc. etc." before Jinx launched into his last song which had a chorus of something like "You're scumbags, you're all scumbags".

Went down really well. :)

Advertisement