Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards more crap than before?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

"25 years in captivity.. are you so blind that you cannot see?"

What can I say? To my friends and supporters, many of whom have appeared from unexpected quarters - my sincerest thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Welcome back Mr magpie, don't forget to thank this user for all her tireless work.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=29188

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

jerryadams wrote:
    And to the mods who have explained the mechanics of banning - thanks! I, along with others, didn't know about the automatic thing and thought you just typed in NEVER. This place is weirdly educational.
    Alas the automatic lifting of bans can only happen site-bans, forum bans are always manually lifted. A pity because moderators of busy forums really don't have time to patiently record every ban they put in place and bans one intended to last a week can be forgotten about for months.

Maybe somewhere down the line we'll have a similar mechanism for those too. Wouldn't that be nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Right,

All this talk of the history of boards gave me the spur to wade through the members list to see that "original account" I signed up and forgot the password to and lost the email address for. Hell it had been so long I'd forgotten the username.

Enter the sadprof

Christ almighty, I'm on boards 4 years and 359 days. I was 13 when I joined.

Thus, as a veteran of these old boards, I'd like to say thank you very much for getting me addicted ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Those O RLY owls are ****ing great :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement