Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modded Xbox Remote Recommendations

• 03-02-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭

I'm finding that I'm using my xbox as a media centre more than anything these days and the controller is getting a bit annoying (short cable). So I was thinking about getting an xbox remote and was just wondering does anyone have any experience with using a remote instead of a controller on their modded xbox.

If so do ye have any recommendations about whether to get an official remote or an unofficial one from ebay. I watch mostly divx and a mix of region 1 and 2 dvds.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

i have the offical remote and its worth every penny. its great for divx and music. you can use all the shortcuts that the controller has ('add to now playing' etc in videos and music). and you can use a program to map each function to a button. like volume up/down and fast scroll, etc.

the only problem that i have found is that its not very compatable with dvdx player.but that dosnt really matter now coz the newer xbmc has a proper dvd player built in.

Its totally worth the 25 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

cool, are there any problems paying region 1 dvds with it (i'd assume the dongle is set for Region 2).

Also where can you get it for 25?

Advertisement