Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House extension...

Options
  • 03-02-2006 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,
    I live in a house with a garage attached to the side in Meath. The kitchen is also part of this attached area, behind the garage. I would like to extend over the garage & kitchen, but I would like to have an idea of costs before employing an architect etc, which quoted me €1800 for their services.

Would anyone have an idea of how much this would cost? Is it measured per sq ft? The extension area would be approx. 300 sq ft.

The house is timber frame construction so the extension would have to be same.

Thanks,
    Sean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

seanmc wrote:
    Hi,
    I live in a house with a garage attached to the side in Meath. The kitchen is also part of this attached area, behind the garage. I would like to extend over the garage & kitchen, but I would like to have an idea of costs before employing an architect etc, which quoted me €1800 for their services.

Would anyone have an idea of how much this would cost? Is it measured per sq ft? The extension area would be approx. 300 sq ft.

The house is timber frame construction so the extension would have to be same.

Thanks,
    Sean.
    I think architects normally charge a % of the cost of the construction, from what I remember its about 5%.

I got similar extension built 3 yrs ago but of block & build (2 bedrooms on top of garage & utility room accessed through a new opening at the top of the stairs. Cost of that extension now is about €39k

Advertisement