Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confusion

Options
  • 03-02-2006 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

desperate times , desperate measures... i've been going with my boyfriend for over a year now who i love to bits and can see myself settling down with (as he can with me) but i've developed a serious crush on another person who is attatched to an even greater degree than myself... he has never said anything- nor have i- but i really think there is a spark there. should i say anything? i love my boyfriend deeply but i'm only young and sometimes i feel as if i could possibly be missing out but never when i'm with him. i love him. what should i do?!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭migz4caz

If you love your boyfriend then there's only one thing to do. Stay with him. Whatever you do don't tell him you have a crush on somebody else because it will destroy his confidence. I'm with my girlfriend a year aswell and I have found little crushes come and go. It's natural. What's a little crush compared to a lifetime of happiness with you boyfriend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

plenty of people get crushes. it dosnt mean anything. if you feel trapped get out.

ferdi wrote:
    plenty of people get crushes. it dosnt mean anything. if you feel trapped get out.

But what about love?

its an illusion

I disagree completley. I think love is what matters

• Advertisement

migz4caz wrote:
    I disagree completley. I think love is what matters
    of course you do, your in a relationship, your judgement is clouded by hormones, chemical imbalances and hollywood. i'm not so i can see it clearly in others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

How do you know the other guy is even interested?

Ok well that's fair enough but do you not think it's possible to love someone and be devoted to them while having a attraction for someone else. There's no point in losing and regretting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pink panther

Funky wrote:
    How do you know the other guy is even interested?

well i can't know for 100% certain to be honest because nothing has ever been said but its the way he looks at me and talks to me... maybe its just that he's a nice guy and a good friend but i just think there could be something simmering between us...

What about your boyfriend?

• Advertisement

i love him!!!!!!!! aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! please don't judge me. i've never cheated on him and i've never said a bad word against him nor will i ever. he really is great. this is the first time i've had a crush on anyone since i've been with him.

It's ok!!! It's natural I promise you. You will get over this and realise how silly this is. I'm sure your boyfriend loves you very much. Just consider your life rather than a moment

considered. he's the best boyfriend on earth and i really don't know how lucky i am to have him. thank you!

He's very lucky to have you. I love my girlfriend with all my heart and if I ever begin to notice another girl I think of all the amazing times I have had and will have with her. It's the future that matters in the long run

true. i'm nearly crying here!! its a scary realisation when you realise that you couldn't or at the very least wouldn't want to ever ever be without them or hurt them... not that i'd ever hurt someone on purpose-we'll the hurting to the extreme fighting people!!

Aww don't be sad it's ok. You love and you're with your boyfriend. That's the main thing.

When I first started going out with my girlfriend she got drunk and cheated on me. I was devastated for ages. She explained herself and we have been happy ever since. I still get very upset about it sometimes but I love her and I know she loves me so that's what counts. I couldn't live without her. Just a few days before that her parents told her they were getting a divorce. She was just confused.

You're a very good person for all of this. You have gone about it the right way. Just think of the happy life ahead of you. Valentines is coming up so enjoy it with the one you love!!!!!

:):):)

you sound like the most lovely boyfriend ever. i hope you've a nice valentines and a happy future:)

Same to you. Your story just reminded me of me and my girlfriend and the problems we had before. I advise you not to tell your boyfriend about this and get over it yourself.

I know from experience that it will crush him.

I wish you a lifetime of happiness. I'm sure your boyfriend will make you as happy as you deserve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wut? Is this in the UCD forum or have I lost my mind?

Why put it here of all places?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

sorry to rain on the emotion parade, but isnt this a personal issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Personal Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

yeah but theyre both in ucd right?

i guess the important question ISNT do u love ur boyfriend. Do u like him more than this guy. i had a crush on a girl when i started in ucd and a girlfriend elsewhere. it fizzled out when i stopped seeing the girl.

people who know me are probably thinking "huh what?"

heh heh... losers.

just stop seeing the new guy simple remidy.

This is UCD. We can talk about whatever we want

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

But this thread has absolutely nothing to do with UCD... Should be in PI.

ok well i do psychology in ucd but despite the fact that there is a forum for psychology im just going to open a stupid thread in here to annoy everyone!!! its a PERSONAL ISSUE therefore it belongs in PERSONAL ISSUES :(

But it has to do with UCD students

read the charter

Whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Talk to the hand Tintinr35

• Advertisement

You tell 'em Sangre

This discussion has been closed.