Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharing an IP and I am getting banned

Options
  • 03-02-2006 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

At work we have 300 users and one external IP. I find I am getting banned from the politics forum for no reason other than obviously a banned user also has the same IP address as me. I find the Mods dont really seemed to be bothered trying to make any definition between me and whoever else it is at work that posts in the politics forum. Honestly I dont care if this is resolved as really, I have no problem in telling people to avoid using boards.ie, but I just wanted to be able to raise the issue. The mods in the Politics forum need to start properly moderating and not taking the easy way out by banning via IP addresses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Actually, you posted that from a different IP than you posted from with your last account.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don't believe you.

The perpetrator that needs continual banning is the same person (from radiocrapple) that creates the email accounts for that website. So find out who made your email address and you get the perpetrator... Wait... that's you that made your complaint email isn't it!

You seem to be banned, so go post in the prison forum - don't sign up any more accounts Cormac, or whatever your real name is.

Advertisement