Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 'testing lines'

• 03-02-2006 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭

I am under pressure to get broadband installed at home, its a new part of an existing estate in D15. I have the phone line about 3 months at this stage and up until two weeks ago each time I called eircom to see if I can get broadband I was told that 'it wasn't available'

two weeks ago when I called up they said the line 'hadn't been tested', they will request a test of the line and the result should be in after 3 days. I call them back very few days and get the same response.

What does this mean? are eircom that slow about doing things that they just haven't bothered to 'test' the line. I am nearly at the point of signing up to IBB which I really don't want to do !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Testing happens once a month I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭whippet

so in other words she was telling me lies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Don't hold any faith in what an Eircom customer service representative says to you in regards to line testing, future broadband availability or pretty much anything about broadband at all really. If you're able to get IBB, I'd vouch you're also able to get Digiweb Wirless (be it Metro or standard Wireless), they're infinitely better and more reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

whippet wrote:
    I am under pressure to get broadband installed at home, its a new part of an existing estate in D15. I have the phone line about 3 months at this stage and up until two weeks ago each time I called eircom to see if I can get broadband I was told that 'it wasn't available'

two weeks ago when I called up they said the line 'hadn't been tested', they will request a test of the line and the result should be in after 3 days. I call them back very few days and get the same response.

What does this mean? are eircom that slow about doing things that they just haven't bothered to 'test' the line. I am nearly at the point of signing up to IBB which I really don't want to do !

Slow? Are Eircom slow you ask? I watched a grey haired old eircom engineer step out of a 06 transit, in spotless condition and guess what he done next......began to power wash the van. I was blown away, you could not get it any cleaner than it was. Dossing was all he was doing and im sure there all at it.

Advertisement