Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to buy a smokers hut for our office

Options
  • 03-02-2006 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking to get a smokers hut for the office, we have a gang people hanging around the side of the building all the time, looks bad and they need to be further away anyway. So does anyone know here to buy one of these? Ive posted in the wanted section also. I can stick it down at the back of the building, they could have a cock fight down there without being seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

All of the ones on this site are attractive and have durable hinges.
    http://www.casketsonline.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 danxtremeclean

I dealt with a company planning to do this a while back... with the new Irisj smoking laws there is a lot of legislation as to what classes as a place of work... For example at least 50% of any smoking area has to be open... so you can only get away with a roof and a half height wall..... hope this is of some use...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Razcro

Raiser wrote:
    All of the ones on this site are attractive and have durable hinges.
    http://www.casketsonline.com/

Haha...very good

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Stoner,

I was asked to fit a roof and sides similar to the type on Colm's post, the job was cancelled when they checked with their insurance company.

Appears calling it a smoking area (or similar) could leave them open to a lawsuit years later for helping us poor addicted smokers to smoke in a dry area.

The customer is a large corporation who don't mind spending for their staff comforts but a smoking area was upsetting their insurance premiums too much, so it might be worth checking out ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

Pete, just read in the paper yesterday about an exhibition in the RDS at the moment which is selling smoking rooms to pubs, mayb you could ramble over if your in the dublin area, u mite even be able to get the regulations and build one urself?!

Advertisement