Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrapbook for a bride

Options
  • 03-02-2006 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im doing bridesmaid for my best friend (not till Feb next year) and i think it would be a nice idea to have a scrapbook made up for her to give to her on her hen night. Now i know i probably wouldnt be able to do it myself as im not very creative at all but just thought someone might know of a company that would do it for me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

As far as I know no - you could ask a scrapper for a quote - but to warn you scrapping is not cheap - it takes lots of time & uses speciallist supplies - pm me if you'd like some advice - you would have to pick themes & buy the supplies then find out how much a scrapper would want for the time they have spent etc. It is not as hard as it looks - would you like to try it yourself first?? There is a weekend in April in Tullamore that is holding classes where you could learn about scrapping?? Check out www.crafteire.com for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

It sounds like a lot of trouble, but I think that it is a fantastic idea!! If you think you would be able to give it a shot do, definitely a persoal touch would be appreciated I'm sure! Good luck with it, and thanks for the idea as I think I might just steal it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Bond-007 wrote:
    scrapping is not cheap - it takes lots of time & uses speciallist supplies.

Like paper, glue and a pair of scissors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Scrapping uses acid & lignin free papers & card & acid free glues - not cheap! a scrapbook depending on size is €20-39.99 they tend to have 10 page protectors so thats 20 layouts - I tend to use a couple of sheet of card & maybe 1 or 2 papers - so thats 75c per sheet of card 60 - 95c per sheet of paper - then there are embellishments ribbons, brads, eyelets, charms etc etc etc these vary in cost - an average LO costs more than £5 sterling so more over here - often in scrapping mags they have challenges to create a LO under £5 - Then there is the time factor a LO can take me an hour or a day - it all depends on how much work I put into it etc.

So personally I would say it would cost too much to do an album for some one else. Have a look on a couple of irish shopping sites at the cost of supplies & see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 knitnight

There is a Scrapbook dealer at the Jury's Hotel in Ballsbridge tomorrow. They're very helpful and you could get an idea of what's available. It's Scrap4keeps. Ireland based. They have a large room with products and classes. Hope that helps. Quite fun and a lovely gift.

• Advertisement
Advertisement