Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rey The Kurt killer...

• 03-02-2006 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

The championship ranks are a place full of big guys.
    Triple H ,Batista , JBL and so on.
    Would it be a bad thing if REY WON THE BIG ONE.
    Wrestlemania 22 main event KURT ANGLE vs REY MYSTERIO.
    They have already proved they can have a great match together remreber summerslam 2003.
    I think it would be a great idea if A.j Styles wasn't the only small wrestler the hold a world title.
    ANYONE with me REY FOR CHAMP...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

The championship ranks are a place full of big guys.
    Triple H ,Batista , JBL and so on.
    Would it be a bad thing if REY WON THE BIG ONE.
    Wrestlemania 22 main event KURT ANGLE vs REY MYSTERIO.
    They have already proved they can have a great match together remreber summerslam 2003.
    I think it would be a great idea if A.j Styles wasn't the only small wrestler the hold a world title.
    ANYONE with me REY FOR CHAMP...........

i am all the way :D come on rey mysterio... i agree you dont have to big to win the wwe title or wwe world heavywieght title.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Rey for champ! Although I've never been a fan of his, I do think he puts on good matches, and does deserve to be champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I'd love to see the feuds he could build. I'm all for Rey winning....just not with the 619. I dont rate that move at all. I've been hoping he'd get a new finisher by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He wouldn't be the first small person to hold the title.
    First undisputed champion Chris Jericho, a massive 5 foot 11. Benoit is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd have him win the title but lose it a month later like what happened to Triple H after WM18.

I don't buy him as a credible long-term champion but I think he deserves to win it at Mania and have it for a short while.

• Advertisement

I'd have him win the title but lose it a month later like what happened to Triple H after WM18.

I don't buy him as a credible long-term champion but I think he deserves to win it at Mania and have it for a short while.

now that i can see happening

Just watching Smackdown and Jesus Rey can't talk on the mic to save his life. Thank God Randy showed up. Hopefully if Rey does get the title he doesn't hold it for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Rey could hold it . If they leave him wrestle like he did in WcW he could hold it for a while . Look at EDDIE he was bigger but he did wrestle like REY and i think he did really well.

But Eddie was brilliant on the mic and thats the difference. I'm not questioning Reys in-ring ability just his mic skills which is an essential part of a champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

just his mic skills which is an essential part of a champion.
    yep the champs have come a long way since, "ye know something mean gene....." "dude" "let me tell you something mean gene........." and "whatcha gonna do......"
    the only four phrases ever used by hulk hogan

• Advertisement

Hogan is better on the mic than Rey will ever be.

leave out the fact that he was blubbering through his speech on smackdown, i think he would be great champ!!!! whose says you need to be a great speaker in order to hold the wwe title????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

He wouldn't be the first small person to hold the title.
    First undisputed champion Chris Jericho, a massive 5 foot 11. Benoit is the same.

Benoit and Jericho are about 5 foot 9. - Rey is only about 5 foot 4.
    Even Angle wouldn't be considered a big man, as he is under 6 foot. While Benoit and Jericho are plausable champions (both weigh in around 220lbs), i think Rey is just too small.

Fair enough, Rey puts on good matches and works hard, but i dont think WWE will ever put the strap on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Apparently, rumors are, the main WM matches are to be:

Cena/HHH WWE Title
    Angle/Orton World Title
    Undertaker/Henry
    Edge/Foley
    Vince/HBK

Where that's leaves Rey i don't know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

D-FENS wrote:
    Apparently, rumors are, the main WM matches are to be:

Cena/HHH WWE Title
    Angle/Orton World Title
    Undertaker/Henry
    Edge/Foley
    Vince/HBK

Where that's leaves Rey i don't know...

On the undercard i would imagine!! Maybe interfering against Orton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its pretty clear he won't main event wrestlemania. But the way its being positioned leaves Rey as a top tier guy and if Orton takes the belt at Wrestlemania and I think he will, the program between him and Rey is already established and could continue for quite a while.

He got a huge push by winning the Rumble and they did n't do it for no reason. I think theirs money in Rey's struggle for the belt.
    My prediction is he'll chase Orton for the belt over the summer and win it at Summerslam.

You may be right, but that still doesn’t solve who he wrestles at Mania.

With all this Eddie talk starting again recently, they may do something between Rey and Benoit or Chavo.
    Going too far I know, but there's already talk of Benoit and Malenko doing a tribute match to Eddie at the 2nd ECW PPV later in the year, so maybe it's possible.
    They may even have Benoit or Chavo turn on Rey, claiming they were a better friend to Eddie, and set up a Mania match. Again, too much I know, but there doesn’t seem to be a limit with Vince/the writers at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Maybe Rey will get 'injured' by Orton at NWO with Orton either by winning or just preventing him for participating. Then Rey shows up at Mania and interferes setting up a program between the two.

D-FENS wrote:

They may even have Benoit or Chavo turn on Rey, claiming they were a better friend to Eddie, and set up a Mania match. Again, too much I know, but there doesn’t seem to be a limit with Vince/the writers at the minute.

I can see where your going because there does n't seem to be a limit. But I bet my imaginary house just from reading on the net and the observer that Benoit won't be apart of somthing like that.

I can see Benoit v Rey at Wrestlemania though. Just a straight match.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Has anyone thought that there could possibly be a triple threat match at Mania, Angle V Orton V Mysterio?

If that doesn't happen, I agree with Vince, Benoit V Rey one on one is probably most likely.

• Advertisement

Until No way Out occurs anything is possible but according to all the major wrestling sources the torch, figure four and wrestling observer thats the plan.

But anything could happen particuliarly with Angle seemily in worse that usual shape.

Its pretty clear he won't main event wrestlemania. But the way its being positioned leaves Rey as a top tier guy and if Orton takes the belt at Wrestlemania and I think he will, the program between him and Rey is already established and could continue for quite a while.

He got a huge push by winning the Rumble and they did n't do it for no reason. I think theirs money in Rey's struggle for the belt.
    My prediction is he'll chase Orton for the belt over the summer and win it at Summerslam.

you could put batista into that mix as well... surely there not going to give him a shot when he comes back..... after all he did for wwe before he got himself injured with his tricep.

and yeah i heard the rumours about angle injuring his neck.... geee smackdown is not soo healthy with all these injuries :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

They need to do something different like they did by letting Eddie get over on Lesnar. I'd love to see Rey get it for a few reasons.

Visually, he's entertaining - a lot more than Big Show IMHO.
    He's quicker than JBL.
    He's more toned and in "ring shape" than both.

If the WWE is to win back viewers and get people talking like when Edge cashed in his money in the bank case, they'll have to start thinking outside the box and look in new directions to keep the fans guessing.

I couldn't stomach another HHH title run.

jerryadams wrote:
    I couldn't stomach another HHH title run.

Well unfortunately, get ready, because it's coming.
    I was genuinely impressed with his promos leading up to the Rumble and against Big Show, and even said fair play to him when he was eliminated before Rey and even Orton in the match, but then I heard it was him wanting to wrestle Cena at WM for the belt that was apparently the main reason Edge dropped it at the Rumble.
    No one can dispute how good he is as a heel at Mania, he could certainly help Cena if that’s the way the match went, but yet another WM title match with him involved is just plain dull. This is his 6th WM title match, one more and he’s equal to Hogan, and remember how ridiculous that was year after year.
    Like I said, the guy’s talented, personal issues aside he’s one of the best heels in history, but time and again it seems to be his backstage power that gets him places, especially around this time of year when the big one’s on its way. Edge could have main evented at WM, plain and simple.

Plus, does anyone else think HHH’s next main event/title run might involve some kind of Helmsley/McMahon reunion?
    He helped Shane escape from HBK at the Rumble, even seemed to give him a little nod as he went for the pedigree, and there was also that “moment” between him and Steph a few months ago on Raw, when Vince “introduced” them again. I wouldn’t be surprised if a heavily pregnant Stephanie turned up in an angle, they use everything else. Either way, someone’s bound to interfere in the Vince/HBK match at Mania (Other than Shane, who I’d say will wrestle Shawn before hand, possibly at SNME)

As for the World title situation, there could be another twist after NWO and before WM if there gonna be Smackdown matches at Saturday Night's Main Event. I haven’t heard whether it's a joint event (Raw will definitely be involved as Edge mentioned it last week) but I imagine SM will play a part in such a well know PPV returning.

dfens, just wait and see for a while, you are using past tense in regard to WM and it's not even happened yet, if NYR thought us anything, it's that we don't know what they're going to do, sure HHH might be in the mania main event, but will he win, he's lost the last two.
    plus if rey goes for the smackdown belt, it will be the main event anyway, the main event is the royal rumble winners shot, Austin at WMx7,HHH at wmx8,Lesnar at XIX, benoit at XX and Batista at 21,
    cap that with the fact that trip is currently on a two year losing streak at WM it's possible that anything will happen.
    but like you've said yourself trip is the top heel, and i'd look forward to HHH winning the main event and pursuing a long summer campaign with Edge, who is a vastly superior wrestler to cena, not that cenas a bad wrestler mind you, it's his gimmick that kills him, he's obvioulsy been warned to only use certain moves, to give the guy credit when he first started he used to do , top-rope flying cross body presses, ddt's, spinebusters etc, he's no limited to punch FU, STFU and his godawful five knuckle shuffle,
    if rocky does make an appearance at WM i hope he shows just how to do the peoples elbow properly , it's not the move thats important, it's the showmanship the charisma, in the case of the peoples elbow rocky is like a magician, he has us focusing on the waving arms and the springing around the ring so much that we miss the fairly crappy elbow drop.

saturday nights main event usen't to be a pay per view, it was wwf's old version of RAW

dfens, just wait and see for a while, you are using past tense in regard to WM and it's not even happened yet, if NYR thought us anything, it's that we don't know what they're going to do, sure HHH might be in the mania main event, but will he win, he's lost the last two.

Your right, I’m being presumptuous. But although NYR thought us that anything can happen, history has thought me that when the rumors start about HHH’s waist getting itchy for gold, it usually comes to fruition. And even if he loses as you say, he’d still most likely carry on a no. 1 contender into the next 3 – 4 months, as he has done the last few years, and while he’s in that spot, other deserving guys are not.
    plus if rey goes for the smackdown belt, it will be the main event anyway, the main event is the royal rumble winners shot, Austin at WMx7,HHH at wmx8,Lesnar at XIX, benoit at XX and Batista at 21,
    cap that with the fact that trip is currently on a two year losing streak at WM it's possible that anything will happen.
    Well, you’re getting a bit technical here, but I’d be of the opinion that no matter who wins the rumble/what belt he challenges for, the current situation in WWE is - 2 titles = 2 main event title matches. Both titles have equal billing nowadays, just because the rumble winner picks to challenge for one doesn’t diminish the other. But for arguments sakes, let’s go along with the Smackdown/World title match is the main event, that shouldn’t mean HHH can sneak in the backdoor and challenge for the other belt. The SM locker room might not care about that, but the Raw guys should.
    but like you've said yourself trip is the top heel, and I’d look forward to HHH winning the main event and pursuing a long summer campaign with Edge,

I can't argue that this, as you say, be a better feud than Cena/HHH. I’ll say it again that HHH can get the job done in any angle/feud these days.
    But again, while he’s doing that, whether as champ or contender, other guys are losing out.

But we will wait and see as you say. I love to be surprised again like at NYR and the Rumble match.
    Saturday night’s main event usen't to be a pay per view, it was wwf's old version of RAW

Again you’re being technical!
    Granted, SNME was not a PPV, bad choice of words on my part. What I meant was it was an occasional (Not necessarily monthly) special on WWE programming, in a similar mould as the later In Your House’s and the monthly PPV’s of today.
    But it was certainly not a weekly show like Raw.

P.S.
    Apologies to Cannonballkid for turning his Rey thread into a HHH debate!

ah right sorry , i picked you up wrong, cause i remember good old SNME form when i was a kid, jesus them were the days joxer when i used to think hulk hogan really was incredible. what i meant by the old raw was it was the big outing on tv from a time when wwe were making there transition to being about the tv, they used to be about the househows, but as they got national tv deals the big stuff was saved for tv so that it wouldn't be wasted on a crowd of 1000-10000 when they could have a million viwers

i 'd also like to appologise for turning it into a triple H thread but word came out from the back that it's ok cause he's the son in law ;)

Heh Heh, true enough.

And there no shame in being a recovering Hulkamaniac, anyone who was a kid in the 80's who says they didn’t like him for at least a while is a liar!

And I know what you're saying about Raw at the time seeming like a weekly version of SNME or a PPV.
    Instead of the likes of Macho Man squashing some jobber, we actually got to see proper names wrestle each other every week.
    Still, thinking back, you'd miss the likes of Barry Horrowitz or Iron Mike Sharpe getting, for pure entertainment value.
    Plus, it was a serious novelty when Raw started; to actually have the world champion turn up live and even wrestle now and then, remember on Superstars or Wrestling Challenge? Hogan could go months with out physically being there, let alone defend the belt!
    And they slag the Undertaker for his blow-in appearances these days!

ah man the memories, who was the irish guy i think he was barry something, he alwys had a shamrock on his knicks

• Advertisement

ah man the memories, who was the irish guy i think he was barry something, he alwys had a shamrock on his knicks

That was Brian Costello. Known as the Crippler before Benoit i believe.

http://iawwrestling.8m.com/17.htm

Pop up city i afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

I would love to see Rey wear the belt, but I just don't see it happening, WWE is too old fasioned, you need "black pants and black boots" to have a belt for any serious stretch there.

They just don't seem to want to get with the times, thats why I don't watch WWE anymore, I watch good wrestling like RoH, Zero 1, NOAH and TNA(which I see becoming huge!). I mean come on, when the WWE signed Heidenreich, he was signed over A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels.

The WWE is dying if you ask me, slowly but surely all the fans of wrestling will start watching proper wrestling, and all the fans of soap operas will start watching proper soap operas. Cause the way its going the WWE is a poor imitation of both.

He got a huge push by winning the Rumble and they did n't do it for no reason. There's money all over Rey, especially if you look at the quarter rating breakdowns for Smackdown. For the majority of the major cities its Rey quarters that are always on top.

But I agree, WWE has some serious problems.

I think Triple H is a huge part of that problem, he's been champ way too many times, and I admire him for being such a work horse, but hes in every story line, and he always ends up being some kinda champ due to it. WWE is mad stale, and its not just the story lines, the quality of the wrestling is quite bad really, most of their biggest names are as I said "black pants black boots" types, and they seriously wrestle like it, remember those rubber action figures of wrestlers with no points of articulation from years back? Lets just say they were more realistic if you think about it.

If you've ever seen Roderick Strong and Jack Evans wrestle together as a tag team on RoH, they had one exceptional match against Homicide and Romano last year, the WWE needs that kinda action. At one point in the match Strong had Romano in a military press, Evans jumped off the top rope onto Romano's chest and done a 450 splash(or was it a corkscrew?) from there onto Homicide.

This isn't anywhere close to the most innovative move I've seen in other promos, but WWE fans are currently absolutely amazed by diving head-butts as a high flying move and a fast lookin suplex gets an "oh my god he must be broken in half" from JR which causes the fans to believe that may have been painful. One of these days they'll switch to TWC by accident and see someone like Tiger Emperor wrestling, and they'll never switch back. There's no reason to really.

i stopped watching wrestling about 2 years ago, cause at the time i thought it was crap.... when i found eddie passed away and there was a tribute show, i said i'd watch it..... and those matches on raw and smackdown were awesome..... i was really impressed, i thought the wrestling i remember from the years of 1999-2002 were back.... :o silly me i guessed wrong.... i'm still watching praying for an improvement, but if this crap continues on, there gonna lose a lot more fans...... god i miss the days when ecw and wcw around.

If you have Sky digital or have a friend who does, try the wrestling channel sometime, all the promotions shown on that are top class.

I can't recall the exact station number, just go back about forty stations from MTV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement